Chapter Five

Aria's P.O.V.

As I was driving to Monet's, I couldn't help but wonder what Clay wanted to tell me. Just thinking about the possibilities about what he wanted to talk to me about made me feel guilty that I had to leave for work. I wished that I could have stayed a little longer so I could've found out what it was. But, I kept telling myself that I would find out about it later tonight. Hopefully, Bryce wouldn't come back and harass me again.

When I pulled into a parking spot outside Monet's, I saw Jessica and Justin were walking in. I hadn't seen them ever since graduation, and it would be exciting to catch up with them and heard about what's been going on in there lives. I got out of my car, and I made it to my shift on time. "Hey, Aria!" I heard someone call out. I looked over and saw that it was Justin and Jessica. "Hey, guys! What can I get for you?" I smiled as I approached the counter.

"Can I get a coffee with a little cream and sugar, and a mocha cappuccino?" Jessica smiled. When I was finished with their drinks, I handed them the drinks and we talked briefly before I had to get back to work. "So, how are you two doing?" I asked. Jessica looked over at Justin and they kept staring into each other's eyes. "Everything's great, all we've been doing is enjoying each other's company," Jessica said before Justin kissed her.

Jessica and Justin were like the ultimate high school couple, next to me and Clay. I had always admired Jessica, she had a lot of friends, and she helped victims of sexual assault and did her best to end the jock culture at school, sure some people hated her for it, but I didn't. "So, how are you and Clay doing?" Justin asked. As soon as he mentioned Clay, I started blushing just thinking about him.

"We're doing great, we're trying to spend a lot of time together, with our schedules, you know?" I answered. "Well, you and Clay should come out with us tonight, we're going out to one of the nightclubs out of town, Courtney and Chloe will be there," Jessica offered. I didn't like Courtney that much, I hated that she was rude to Hannah, especially blaming her for the photo of the two of them making out.

"Thanks, but no thanks, Clay and I are gonna spend some time together tonight to get settled for the weekend," I politely declined. "Are you sure? Your gonna miss all the fun," Justin asked. I smiled when he gave me those puppy dog eyes. "Yes, I'm sure, you guys have fun tonight okay?" I smiled. "Okay, see you later!" Jessica smiled as she and Justin walked out.

Jessica and I became friends after me and my family moved here. Hannah, Jessica and Alex, and I were all part of FML, and then when Jessica and Alex started dating, I knew that there was going to fallout between Jessica and Hannah. After the whole confrontation about Hannah being responsible for the hot or not list, Hannah and I got into a fight and she accused me of making the list.

I had no knowledge of it, and I tried to explain that to her, but she didn't want to hear none of it. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and try to repair my relationship with her, then maybe she would still be alive. But, I couldn't think about Hannah now, I had to get back to work.