Chapter | 08

once taehyung got home from school he put the papers down on his small desk and walked towards the kitchen to see if there is any food to eat before he goes to sleep.

taehyung's cold feet pattered to the tiny kitchen and opened his fringe to see only cold noodles from 2 days ago. taehyung wonders if he could go without dinner for tonight.

'but I skipped yesterdays dinner' taehyung sighs as he shuts the fridge and walks to his bed and closes his heavy eyes.

taehyung woke up freezing cold. he turned over, trying to get comfortable but sadly couldn't. taehyung sighs, gets up from his mattress bed and grabs his flip phone to look at the time.

"gosh, I am running late", he says as he changes clothes, quickly grabs his bag, and rushes out the door.

taehyung finally arrived at school later than he normally arrived, but he saw students around the halls and in the cafeteria, so he knew it was the first break.

he goes to the cafeteria and sits at a table by himself; he grabs his refill and starts to write notes for his psychology class.

"so you got the job as well?" he hears jack ask jessica, who nods and smiles.

"yup, I already knew I was going to get it", jessica says and smirks.

"I had a feeling I was as well," jack says confidently.

taehyung looks up at their table to see them on their flash computer, not a macbook as only like two people in the class have one, but their laptops were still flash. taehyung sighs as he looks at their flash iPhone 8s and flash computers.

"apparently, taehyung got in," jack says, chuckling loudly.

"I saw that, have you seen his clothes. he probably needs a job" jessica chuckles looking at jack, who is laughing as well.

tears welled up in taehyung's eyes as he tried not to let them fall.

"he doesn't have a laptop or iPhone; he only has a flip phone; how is he even meant to do jobs for mr. jeon while working," jessica says while typing on her computer.

taehyung wipes the tears streaming down his cheeks and quickly starts to pack up his things."did you get the email about what day and time we are meant to start at jeonCM?" jack asks"yeah, we start monday at 9:00am," jessica says as jack nods.

taehyung quickly writes that information down and rushes out of the cafeteria, and leaves the school campus in tears as he runs home.

once taehyung arrives home after walking so far, he flops down onto his mattress and closes his eyes, sighing.

"taehyungie", he hears jimin call out from outside his door.

"I-am in m-my room", taehyung shouts out as jimin walks in to see his best friend on a thin mattress.

he crouches down to see his best friend slightly, holding back his tears.

"oh, tae", jimin says, getting behind him and pulling him to his chest.

"what happened, bub" jimin asks, creasing tae's hair as he knows that will calm him down.

"I just didn't even know what time or the date we will be starting work for the first time cause apparently they changed the date and time and sent it through email, and I d-don't have a laptop or a good ph-hone", taehyung cries out loudly.

jimin's heart clenches as his best friends sobs, he always wishes he could help more, but he secretly pays for half of taehyung's rent without him knowing, as jimin knows he cant afford it.

"I promise you things will change; you won't have to worry about this for much longer," jimin says, kissing his best friend's forehead, whose eyes are closed.

"go to sleep, tae. I will stay here while you sleep", jimin whispers as taehyung nods and eventually falls asleep.

"I won't let you suffer like this, tae, I promise," jimin whispers again before shutting his own eyes and slowly falling asleep.