Chapter | 13

hours went by and taehyung had finally finished his report and yeona was sleeping in his arms, he didn't eat yesterday or today as he couldn't afford to get anything. he hasn't gotten paid yet as he gets paid tomorrow night.

it was now 5pm and almost everyone left, taehyung was now waiting for jungkook to come to get his gorgeous daughter.

"arent you the cutest thing ever?" taehyung whispers as he sees yeona stir in her sleep.

"twae?" she mumbles

"I am here bub" taehyung says as he watches her raise her head and look at him with sleepy eyes.

"you had a good nap?" taehyung says in a sweet voice causing yeona to nod

"Hi baby!" he hears jungkook say from behind him

"dada!" yeona says stretching her arms out to be picked up by her dad. jungkook chuckles rushing over to them and lifting her up.

"how was your day munchkin" jungkook asked his daughter who pointed to the picture she drew that was now in taehyung's hands.

"mwe dreww" she mumbles

"wow yeona, this is soo cool who is in it" he asks looking at the paper to see three people.

"dada, mwe, twae" she says smiling widely

"what about euni?" the black-haired male questions, looking at his youngest daughter who's lips were parted in shook "I fworgot" she replied causing them both to giggle.

"twae, whos that bub" jungkook asks as his daughter points to a smiling taehyung

"she calls you tae?" jungkook asks as taehyung nods his head smiling.

"I will hang this on our fridge yonni" jungkook says kissing her cheek.

taehyung's checks go a little read once he realises a drawn family photo-like picture will be up in jungkook's kitchen.

"let me drop you off home taehyung?" jungkook says as taehyung shakes his head "no it is okay, I will be catching the bus" taehyung says as he gathers up his things.

"It isn't safe as it is dark," jungkook says as he watches taehyung grab his things.

"bye sweetie" taehyung says as yeona looks up at him sadly "b-bye twae" she says

"see you tomorrow mr.jeon" taehyung says as he rushes towards the elevator and heads home.

jungkook sighs and follows out, letting the security guards know he is leaving and puts yeona in her car seat, and drives home thoughts clouded by taehyung and his safety.

taehyung was now starting to regret not taking up jungkook's offer about dropping him off home. it was extremely cold and extremely dark, he was now walking towards the bus stop and sat down to wait for his bus to arrive.

taehyung moves his cold hands to his phone when he felt it vibrate, he flipped his phone to see he got a message from the bank

Good Evening Kim Taehyung

This is a bank statement that is informing you that $230 has been added to your card

from the CEO of jeonCM

He left a note on the statement

thank you for looking after yeona today~ JK

Please do not reply to this email.

Tuesday at 5:42pm

regards bank seoul.

taehyung looked at the money jungkook had given him just because he looked after yeona. he wishes that he could just give it back but he needs every last penny of the money he can get.

'i can hopefully get myself something to eat for tonight, and use the rest to pay my rent' taehyung thought as he now stood up as he saw the bus coming to where he was standing.

the bus had stopped and the doors had opened, taehyung and tagged on then walked to sit down. while the bus left he thought about what he would feel like to eat as he hasn't eaten in a while.

you see taehyung has never actually really tried many foods besides noodles and sometimes a burger if jimin brings over takeaways which he loves very much and so does his tummy.

taehyung buzzes off as the bus takes a stop at a dairy near his home. he hops off after saying thank you to the bus driver and walks towards a grocery shop which was small.

taehyung walked in and had a look around for the cheapest thing he could get to eat. as much as he wished he could just grab anything he felt like that would satisfy his hunger, he couldn't.

taehyung grabs 3 packets of noodles and a water bottle before going to the cashier and paying for it. "that will be 15 dollars thanks" the guy said as taehyung nodded and swiped his card.

the guy shoves the bag in taehyung's face which made taehyung flinch as he grabs the bag and leaves the shop not wanting to piss the guy off more.

taehyung starts to walk home when he hears noises coming from an alleyway. he slowly turns into one as he hears someone grunt in pain. he sees a guy beating up another guy who is on the floor in pain.

"hey let him go!" taehyung shouts and as soon as he shouted all attention was turned onto him the taller male that was hovering over the boy on the floor started walking towards taehyung. the guy on the floor ran away leaving a helpless and defenceless taehyung alone.

"who do you think you're huh!" the taller male yelled as he pushed taehyung against a wall. taehyung grunts in pain.

"you just lost me a lot of money boy" the taller male said as he grabs taehyung's throat and squeezes it hard. "you will regret this" the taller male said as he punched taehyung in the face making sure to leave blood all over his mouth.

"since you lost me a big deal, you owe me money and i want 4000 by the end of this week" the guy says as taehyung's teary eyes widen "i-i can't-t af-fford that" taehyung stutters in pain as the guy kicks his stomach hard. "a-ahh" taehyung clutches his stomach

"you will meet me here next tuesday and you better have the money or I will find you and make sure you regret not having the money" the tall male left as taehyung let out a muffled cry as he clutched his stomach trying to get up.

once taehyung got up, he limped all the way home. as soon as he got home he collapsed in the corner on his small lounge and cried. his whole body was sore, he was hungry and thirsty and had blood all over him. which caused him to barely being able to move. taehyung felt his eyes get droopy eventually losing consciousness.