Chapter 1: A Year

535 words, 3 minutes

After all this time, she was finally here.

It was a lovely summer day, and September 3rd was her first day back as a part-time international student at Chongqing University.

Akane had studied here for a year already, and she wasn't the same person as she was before. She was surprised by how much she learned and changed between the ages of 18 and 19.

Her life really was changing.

She could feel it in her veins.

~

Akane needed to focus on school, so a paid internship was her main option in terms of making money while living in China. It involved her travelling to trade companies in and outside of Chongqing and working with trade advisors.

She was still young in her parents' eyes, so her current situation was the following; her mother and father both raised her in Japan speaking Japanese and Chinese since she was a child. They told her she would need these languages in the future.

They had made her apply to Chongqing University during her last year of high school when it was time to apply. They both had high expectations of her and raised her to be a smart kid when it came to her studies.

Akane was grateful for that, and even more grateful when they accepted her program choices. However, they both knew that a paid internship wouldn't be enough to cover the expenses of all the programs Akane chose, so they promised to send her money a week before autumn semester started so she could cover her tuition expenses.

So far, no issues with that during the first year.

She was studying Music Performance (¥17,000), International Economy and Trade (¥16 000) and Chinese Language and Literature (¥14 000). It would take her a total of 4 years to complete all of these programs, plus she still had the paid internship to complete, so she was quite busy.

The first year made sure of that.

You could say she was still getting used to living on her own in a different country without her parents around.

~

Ever since high school, Akane strove to appear like the student of her dreams to stay motivated. The one with good looks, nice clothes and aesthetic notebooks/stationary. Blue was her favorite color, and she made that clear in her outfit and hair; her hair was straight and fell to her waist. She had 2 sets of parted bangs. Her go-to outfit was a knee-length blue dress, black ankle boots with a good heel and a yellow jean jacket.

Akane credited her mother for making her develop healthy habits at an early age, from working out to eating lots of greens to proper skincare and hygiene to developing good time management and organizational skills.

Due to all that, she was a beautiful young woman, but she was still single.

Akane honestly preferred it that way. She was way too busy with school and her internship, so she had no time for love.

But for some reason, that didn't stop her from staring out the window of her classroom every now and then with the desire to be with a handsome man that worked hard and treated her right.

____________________________________________________________

A/N:

Thank you guys so much for reading the first chapter! I apologize if it's boring but I wanted to set the scene first for you guys.

The first 2 chapters are gonna do this, and then it's time for something a little more interesting...

Also, I tried my best to do research and make things accurate here, but a few things are made up. I hope you guys enjoy nonetheless.

—Kaio