Epilogue 2: Marital Emphasis

962 words, 5 minutes

This time, the wedding took place in a venue at Days Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Hengan Chongqing. Money was pitched in by both Akane and Josaku, and they invited their family and friends.

One of Akane's friends was the one whose wedding she attended in Nagoya. She found that sweetly humorous.

Her father was quite surprised to find out what Josaku looked like in person, joking with him about how he looks like he's cosplaying as some demonic character for Halloween. Akane shielded her eyes in embarrassment and muttered for her father to quit acting modern.

For the dress, Akane picked the blue gown she wore when she and Josaku reunited on his 22nd birthday.

It was her wedding, and all that mattered to her was that she loved the dress she wore and that Josaku believed she looked beautiful in it.

Because God, she looked marvelous. If Josaku had removable contact lenses, he would have half a mind to take them off every night so that he won't be impeded in the morning from seeing his very-soon-to-be wife.

Their fathers bonded over having no wives, work, their personal lives and their grown up son and daughter getting married.

Everyone applauded fervently when the bride and groom kissed deeply after giving their vows. The government paperwork can wait.

A traditional ceremony where they all stand at the family altar and pay their respects to nature and family ancestors was in order.

~

Josaku and his father had been extra hospitable by allowing Akane to live with them since they believed her spending her money on a separate home was a waste. She packed some of her clothes and personal belongings before moving in, not forgetting her mother's letter that she's grown so attached to and read almost every night before sleeping.

His father also wanted to get to know his daughter-in-law even more.

He currently had a week off from work whereas Josaku didn't, and while talking to Akane in the living room after she finished studying and helping with the cleaning (thanks to Josaku teaching her in a romantic manner and Akane joking about how she already knows how to clean), he could easily see why his son was swayed by her.

She was young, radiant, authentic and smart.

They even communicated in Japanese together once they established they both came from Japan, secretly promising each other to switch from Chinese to Japanese every now and then to bug Josaku.

~

When night fell and Josaku returned home, he asked her if she'd like to turn the guest bedroom into her room.

She'd shaken her head instead, held onto his arm and gazed into his eyes in the darkness of the hallway.

"I wanna wake up next to you every morning," she whispered.

When his stunned silence stretched a little, she backpedaled. "I-If you're comfortable with that..."

He swiftly responded with a tight hug, stunning her this time. "I love how you said that so surely, darling."

~

Akane continued using the acupressure slippers Tang Rou and Chen Guo gave her. They enabled her to sleep deeply, rendering her more productive both at university and at home.

During lunch, however, she just so happened to run into the very woman that assaulted her now-husband.

The black-haired b*tch clearly noticed her and made no effort to hide her surprise. Akane lifted her chin with confidence. She would love to think that Ting Ting failed a year and had to redo it. Perhaps she wasn't meant to do construction after all, the wicked little she-devil.

The canteen she preferred was just ahead. Tang Rou was most likely waiting for her, but Akane didn't walk past Ting Ting just yet. Now a few feet apart from each other, the witch spoke her spell. "I thought you left. What are you doing back here?"

Akane crossed her arms, tilting her head a little to the side. She'd like that, wouldn't she? "You thought I was gonna leave Josaku forever?" She got straight to the point, something Ting Ting clearly wasn't prepared for.

"Hm? Did you? So you can touch him as if he's your property or something?"

Ting Ting was silent.

Akane didn't wait for a response, for she wanted to burn her on a stake. "Well, guess what? He's my husband now."

Akane couldn't describe how good it felt to say that. Seeing the appalled look on Ting Ting's face was beyond worth it. She only wished time froze for just a few seconds in order for her to take a picture, frame it, show it to Josaku, explain the context and let him toss it into a volcano to melt in the magma.

"Where's your ring?" she mumbled weakly.

Akane gladly raised her right hand, the back of it facing Ting Ting while flashing the silver wedding ring on her ring finger.

The finger symbolizing he was now her life partner.

She only wished Josaku were present to show his wedding ring on his left hand. A little more salt in the wound, she reasoned.

Ting Ting was quiet once more, and Akane didn't come here to waste her time with a silent wench who had no arguments to fire back. She came to eat her lunch because she was hungry.

She took a few steps towards the evil offspring and stood next to her. Akane knew Josaku made her understand with a little physical violence that he wasn't comfortable with what she was doing, but an emphasis on backing off wouldn't hurt.

"If you ever try to hurt my husband again, I'll grant myself the honor of kicking you somewhere more vital if you know what I mean."

And she walked past the speechless sadist, her long blue hair flowing behind her with purpose.

____________________________________________________________

A/N:

YOU TELL HER, AKANE!

I personally felt so satisfied writing that scene. TRIUMPH!

#nosympathyfortingting

—Kaio