Chapter 3: "Real" Routine

550 words, 3 minutes

Akane woke up to her phone's sweet alarm playing soothing flute music. Needless to say, it still annoyed her when she realized she had to get ready for school, but she couldn't let a little grogginess prevent her from getting out of bed.

She stood from her bed and organized the blue and white blankets that became slightly messy while she slept. After straightening the 3 grey pillows, she headed out of her room to the bathroom by the lobby.

She needed to shower, brush her hair, do her skincare routine, get dressed, pack her school stuff and ride to school.

After all, that's mostly what she did last year.

~

Today was Wednesday September 4th, and the time was currently 7:30AM. Akane typically liked to leave her apartment at this time because she'd be at least 10 minutes early. Her ride consisted of a view of the Jialing River, as usual, and while the roads weren't packed yet, she took the liberty of gazing at the view every now and then while making sure she kept her blue eyes on the road as well.

And it may have been too soon for a surprise, but she was in for one today.

~

After she parked her motorcycle in the parking lot and put the key in her backpack, Akane carried her textbooks into the university. However, she didn't make it inside when she heard the sound of a motorcycle in the distance.

Perplexed, she turned around as she heard the distinct sound of the engine get closer.

And to her surprise, it was another motorcycle rider approaching the parking lot she was just leaving.

A university student here? she wondered, still watching.

From what she saw, the rider wore a brown leather jacket, dark jeans and black combat boots. Their entire face was hidden by a sleek black helmet. By the physique, they looked like a man.

Entranced, Akane stayed where she was, holding her textbooks like an innocent high-schooler rather than a young woman who had important matters to attend to.

It was still early in the morning, so the Sun cast a glorious, deep orange-yellow color over Minzhu Laku, the parking lot and its many cars, everything. This time of day was most enchanting for Akane, and for some reason, this stranger made her want to stay instead of go inside.

Why didn't she know better? It was like her will wasn't her own—

Wait! He was lifting his arms.

Akane watched intently.

He grabbed his helmet slowly.

For some reason, she bit her lip. He was gonna take it off—

Flute music started playing.

Akane frantically woke up to the alarm and turned it off in a frenzy. Then she stayed sitting up in her bed, looking to the side.

She was dreaming the whole time?

How? It seemed so real...

She looked back at her black nightstand and grabbed her phone, turning it on to check the time. It was Wednesday September 4th, 6:45AM.

Akane sighed, looking back at the nightstand in a way that made it look like she was contemplating her life.

For some reason, her mind wasn't ready to move on from that dream.

Something in her chest made her feel light and fluttery when she thought about what could've been.

____________________________________________________________

A/N:

I guess I really am making this a slowburn, huh.

I didn't ask for this... forgive me...

Anywho, I hope you guys liked that! Has this ever happened to you, a moment where you thought you were at school but it turned out to be a dream?

—Kaio