Chapter 10: Agenda

1443 words, 7 minutes

It was finally Friday evening and Akane was exhausted. Due to her internship revolving around her travelling to work with trade companies, she went straight to bed.

Studying can wait.

~

The first thing Akane did after she showered was get out her agenda from her backpack. She tried to use it as often as she could so that she can keep track of assignments and stuff, but she needed to add other tasks now.

Taking a blue pen out of her pencil case so she can visually capitalize on these tasks, Akane wrote down the following so that she can remain organized:

"Monday - university"

"Tuesday - university"

"Wednesday - internship"

"Thursday - university"

"Friday - internship"

She then wrote notes in the notes margin that read the following:

"- check email daily [for rehearsals]"

"- continue self-care routine no matter what"

"- review new & old material from each program (2.5 hours each)"

"- communicate in Chinese often"

"- perform chores & errands every now and then"

"- don't forget to pay bills & for motorcycle maintenance"

"- call Oto-san  & Oka-san  as often as possible"

She thought of the last one after a moment and held the paper to her forehead, closing her eyes and inhaling the scent deeply. Now that she wrote these down on paper, she had to make sure she actually did them. Akane didn't want to tie herself down by forcing herself to do these tasks at a specific time, but she needed something to ground herself so that she wouldn't go crazy.

Maybe she was becoming a little obsessive over doing well in university, but she reasoned that nearly every hardworking student felt that way.

I'll graduate so that I won't have to worry about all this, she thought reassuringly.

She closed the agenda and went on with her weekend.

~

It was on Tuesday October 7th that something interesting happened. Something that wasn't on her agenda.

Akane noticed she hadn't seen the white-haired guy on their morning rides that often and she assumed he arrived at an earlier time than she did. She came to this conclusion because she's been noticing his motorcycle already parked as early as 7:30AM. Who knows how much earlier he arrived than her.

The times she arrived at school fluctuated now but she was never late, save for that one time she had to rush to her class because she got distracted by him.

But on October 7th, she got ready like usual and arrived on her trusty Kawasaki Ninja 400 at 7:36AM.