Chapter 22: More Encounters

2070 words, 10 minutes

Akane had the whole weekend to do whatever she wanted. Because of how extensively she's been studying for university, she wanted to relax somehow.

Her apartment suite was still intact and organized for the most part, too, so she had nothing to worry about on that end.

But that only left her feeling bored.

Well, it was 11:45AM, and she wondered what Josaku's sleep schedule was like... yes, he was the first thing she thought about when she woke up an hour ago, especially since she could now text him.

She grabbed her phone and walked into her living room, standing there and typing. "Good morning! How are you?"

Because of yesterday, Akane primed herself to not expect him to text back right away.

Her expectations were exceeded when he did.

"Morning, darling. I'm bored lol."

Seeing the word "darling" over text made her want to squeal. Since he was online now, Akane decided to get comfortable and lie down on one of her couches. "What a coincidence, so am I," she texted.

"Why don't you come over to my place then? We're both bored, so it works."

His suggestion was... invigorating.

Did she really feel like going outside at all? Well, she was awake now, more so because of that suggestion... "What's in it for me?" she sent.

"I still didn't tell you how I changed my eyes."

Oh yeah, she forgot about that. But going all the way to his place for that? "Can't you text the story to me?"

"Too lazy. Plus I know you wanna see me."

OK, how dare he call her out like that by stating facts. "Over a phone call?"

"It won't feel the same."

Well, she couldn't argue with that. "Alright, where do you live?"

~

Akane may or may not have taken a little while on deciding what outfit to wear. Since this was a casual hangout, she settled with loose blue jeans, black flats and a nice blue top that flowed in the wind.

After he texted her his address, she consulted an online map to figure out how to get there. Soon she was off, riding deeper into the political, economical and entertainment centre of Chongqing that was Yuzhong District.

"When you arrive at my address, park your motorcycle next to mine on the driveway. You remember what it looks like, don't you?" he had texted her.