Chapter 41: A Little Longer

1794 words, 9 minutes

Akane overall had a fantastic time playing for the guests. Some of them even came up to her and watched her play up-close. She received plenty of praise from them and questions about how she became so skilled.

A few guests gathered near the wall made of glass as strong as the glass used for the glass floor in the CN Tower, commenting on the view.

Eventually, though, as the evening dragged on, she started feeling a little tired and wanted to take a break before playing until the guests all left at 8:30PM.

She waved Chen Guo and Tang Rou over, and they immediately came. "Guys, is it alright if I rest in the bedroom for a bit?"

"Oh, absolutely. You're human, Akane," allowed Chen Guo, Tang Rou nodding in agreement. Akane went and slid open the door. The jet lag wasn't severe, but it was still noticeable as she collapsed on the luxurious bed.

The guests' chatter could still be heard, but it was muffled. If she wanted to, Akane could nap here.

~

Josaku entering the bedroom awoke her more than the sound of the door sliding open.

"What're you doing here?" she asked, sitting up.

"I came to check on you."

"Don't the guests still wanna talk to you?"

"It's fine, they form conversations with each other easily."

Instead of sitting at the foot of her bed, Josaku took off his blazer and dropped it there, striding towards the glass wall. Uncertain, Akane steadily appeared by his side, studying the nightlife.

"I'm surprised there are still people out at this time," she mentioned after some silence. "They might be working late," replied Josaku.

"Or having fun..." she suggested, not noticing Josaku staring at her profile. "Fun?"

"Yeah."

Josaku didn't peer out again and sauntered to Akane, making her give her back to the glass wall and inspect his face with wide eyes. He was in a position the Japanese called kabedon, only he never slammed the glass. "What kind of fun?"

Akane wasn't stupid and had a pretty good idea where this was going. "What do you want?" she asked nicely.

Josaku took in their current situation; they were alone in a hotel bedroom with a sign outside the door saying "RESERVED".

It was up to them to determine together what it was "reserved" for.

Josaku didn't speak as he cupped her cheek, sliding his fingers along her jaw and finishing at her chin, tilting it up so he can kiss her. When he peered through the glass, though, he dropped his hand.