Chapter 6: Drop It

1122 words, 5 minutes

After rushing to the dorm to put her helmet on the kitchen counter, Akane immediately rushed out to lock the door and ran for the library as fast as she could in her ankle boots, her running making others think she was late for meeting one of her teachers for extra help.

This couldn't be. He goes here? How come she's never seen him before? What were his programs?

So many questions, so little time.

Well, her friends have been here longer than she has. Maybe they might have some answers, and, even better... connections.

~

"Guo Guo, Tang Rou," she called out with a worried expression on her face, worn out and slinging her backpack off her shoulders before collapsing onto her seat. Running wasn't her favorite exercise.

"What's wrong, Akane?" asked Tang Rou.

She took a few deep breaths before continuing. "How come you guys never told me there's another person here who rides a motorcycle to school?"

The older women appeared confused. "There is?" asked Chen Guo, hesitantly placing her pencil over her unopened chemistry notebook.

"I don't know, I thought you were the only one who rode a motorcycle here," pointed out Tang Rou, her calmness washing over Akane contagiously. "Do you have a picture of it?"

Akane froze. "I... no..." she admitted, hanging her head over the table. "I didn't even think of that."

There was silence for a bit.

"Well, maybe we can check it out later, but for now, we have to study," Chen Guo added with an uneasy laugh, opening her damned chemistry notebook.

"But still, I wonder who it could be, Guo Guo," continued Tang Rou.

"Xiao Tang, study," Chen Guo muttered urgently with pursed lips.

"Aren't you curious, too?"

"Not right now!" whisper-shouted Chen Guo.

Tang Rou's expression got as sly as it possibly could what with her usually serene face. There wasn't a smile, but Akane and Chen Guo could both tell after spending all this time with her that it was sly.

"Ohh, I see, so you don't even wanna see if your theory on Akane's dream is potentially correct," she brought up, crossing her arms and leaning against her chair. "I see. That's OK, I'm sure the opportunity to discuss it will present itself later."

She lost them both at "dream".

Akane had forgotten about it.

Until now, when Tang Rou mentioned it... how did the short-haired woman still remember it and manage excellent grades? Didn't she use all that time for studying?