1

Y/N's POV

It was just another day at Hogwarts. I had woken up, brushed my teeth, buttoned up my shirt, put my skirt up and tied my tie. You know. The usual. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. I tousled my hair and squinted my eyes. I didn't know how to have my hair today. I bunched up my hair into a ponytail. No. Doesn't look right. I let it back down. I glanced up at the clock above the mirror in the dorm rooms. 8:52.

"Shit!" I mumbled and patted down my hair to make it less frizzy. I grabbed my robe and threw it on, grabbed my bag and ran out of the dorms. 

If there is one thing I hated about Hogwarts is the fact that stupid potions class was in the damn dungeons. It was a bloody workout to get to from the Gryffindor towers. After a few minutes of running, bumping into students scurrying into classes, accompanied by a few 'shit's and 'sorry's, potions class finally came into view. I pushed open the door and everyone in the class stared at me. I gave an awkward smile in return. I looked up at the clock. 9:01.

"You're late, Y/L/N" A flat voice spoke. Bloody Snape. 

"I am very sorry Professor, I-"

"5 points from Gryffindor" Snape seethed and I rolled my eyes.

"But, Pro-"

"10 points." He interrupted. "Take a seat. There is one next to Malfoy."

I gave Snape a defeated look, looked at where I was meant to be seated and huffed. I made my way over to where the blonde boy was sitting and I sat down. I placed my bag on the floor and rested my chin on my palm, my elbow being the main support and I stared at Snape.

Bloody asshole he is. Why the hell did he feel the need to take away points for 1 minute. 1 bloody minute. The things I would do to make his life hell-

"Oi, Mud blood. Stop thinking so hard, I can see the steam coming out of your ears." A low voice spoke from the left of me.

Malfoy.

I turned my head and looked at him, clenching my fists.

"Shut up Malfoy, before I make your privileged ass puke slugs." I threatened and looked at him. His eyebrows raised and his grey eyes widened, a smirk playing on his lips.

Technically, I was a 'Mud Blood' as only my mother was a witch and my dad a muggle. But my mum was a very powerful and rich witch. I also carried that trait. And just because Malfoy saw my blood as "Dirty" didn't make me any less powerful.

"Ooooh, not very friendly." He spoke in such an annoying tone that made me want to punch him in the nose. I looked at him, rolled my eyes and shook my head and focused my attention to Snape who was going on about a 'Wiggenweld potion.'

My main focus was to shut out Malfoy who was whispering about other students to his friends.

-----------

"I swear the only insult that boy has is 'mudblood.' I am so sick of it." I vented to Hermione who was sitting next to me at lunch, and I took a bite of my sandwich.

"Oh trust me, I completely understand, anytime he even speaks to me he calls me that" Hermione agreed and started speaking to Ron and Harry. 

I huffed and looked towards the Slytherin table and saw the same white hair that caused this anger. Pansy Parkinson was running her hands through his hair and trying to get his attention. He looked annoyed and even swatted her hand away a few times. I smirked. Its what he deserved. Seeing him being annoyed made me happy.

I turned my head and saw Cedric Diggory walking to his Hufflepuff table and I once again rested my chin on my hand. Damn, that boy was cute. 2 years older than me, but wayyyy to cute to resist. 

"You're staring" Ron chuckled, getting my attention and I quickly looked away from Cedric. 

"Am not!" I argued.

"You are!"

"Am not!"

This argument went on for a while and Hermione and Harry looked at us confusingly.

"Oh shut up Ron, And y/n, Stop staring." Harry shushed us and I blushed.

"I wasn't staring" I murmured to Hermione, who chuckled. "Like anyone could help it anyway." I added. I looked back towards Cedric who looked at me and smirked. I looked away and felt the heat rise to my cheeks once again. I cleared my throat and took a sip of my pumpkin juice. 

I finished eating and got up. I had some time before charms class stared so I decided to walk around the school. I stepped out into the courtyard and felt a rush of cold air hit the back of my throat, making me cough a bit. I shivered and rubbed my hands together before stuffing them into my robe pockets. It was mid-autumn and the days were getting colder and the nights seemed to appear longer.

I walked around the courtyard for a bit longer before heading back indoors. It was too cold for my liking. I should probably remember to bring my gloves and scarf next time. While making my way back inside, I couldn't stop thinking about Cedric and the smirk he gave me. Although my cheeks were heating up again, you wouldn't realize because of the chill in the air made my cheeks and nose rosy. I made my way back upstairs to charms class and down the crowded hall, brushing past Malfoy again who snarled at me as I made my way past him. I rolled my eyes and walked through the doors.

-- Ahhh!! my first ever chapter! let me know what you all think about it! also, some of the grammar and slang may be off, I'm sorry! I'm Australian! We spell specific things differently, like we spell "mom" as "mum" !! so please forgive me! Also forgive me if there are any lines that dont make sense or something is spelt incorrectly !! I'll update as soon as i can!!