14

Reader's POV

"Say hello to Buckbeak!" Hagrid smiled as the creature swallowed down a dead ferret Hagrid had thrown to him.

"Hagrid." Ron gulped. "Exactly what is that?" Ron questioned as everyone whispered among themselves, also trying to figure out what the creature was.

"That Ron, is a Hippogriff." Hagrid said, walking closer to the group of students. "First thing you wanna know about Hippogriff's is that they are very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a Hippogriff, it may just be the last thing you ever do." Hagrid warned the class and y/n gulped, she had never seen a Hippogriff in person before, majority of the class likewise.

"Now, who would like to come and say hello?" Hagrid clapped and y/n took a step back, encouraging the rest of the class to also take a step back, leaving Harry by himself. "Well done Harry, Well done!" Hagrid grinned as Harry looked around confused.

"Now, you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite." Hagrid instructed as Ron pushed Harry to move towards the Hippogriff. "Step up, give him a nice bow and then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him."

Harry hesitantly walked towards the beast, his hands slightly shaking. Y/n had watched, hiding behind Ron. Students took a single step forward to get a closer look to see how Harry was acting, and if he would get struck by the sharp talons on the creatures feet.

Harry bowed at the Hippogriff and it groaned and chirped, its wings flapping slightly, making Harry back up slightly in fear. Hermione grabbed Ron's hand, making Ron jump. Suddenly, the bird bowed back at Harry and y/n breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Go on Harry, you can pat him now." Hagrid calmly spoke and Harry rested his palm on the Hippogriff's beak. 

Students that were next to y/n suddenly got pushed, giving a few 'ow's' in response. Y/n turned her head and saw Draco next to her. He made eye contact with her and took a bite of his green apple. Y/n rolled her eyes and focused her attention back to Harry, who Hagrid had thrown on Buckbeak's back. 

Draco laughed and pointed at Harry, apple still in his left hand. The Hippogriff suddenly squawked and started running at full speed, flapping it's wings. Out of fear, y/n grabbed the closest thing to her, which was Draco's arm. She had completely forgotten who was beside her.

Draco gulped down the piece of apple he had bitten off as y/n clung to his arm, Harry and Buckbeak disappearing into the sky. Draco hadn't known what to do. He didn't know if he should call her a name, brush her off, or let her cling on to him. He decided to let her cling to him, just for one moment before shaking his arm, getting y/n's attention. 

"Get the fuck off me." He seethed, flaring his nostrils at y/n.

"Sorry." Y/n spoke, clearing her throat and pulled away from Draco. She rolled her eyes when she looked away from him.

Suddenly, Harry reappeared from the sky with the Hippogriff and they landed with a thud. Everyone started cheering, except for Draco, who was somewhat annoyed, maybe even a bit jealous that y/n started giving all of her attention to Harry, who had just gotten off the beast.

"Oh please." Draco muttered, pushing past everyone who had crowded around Harry. 

"Yes, you're not dangerous at all are you? You great, ugly brute." Draco teased, storming up to the creature, feeling the need to show off when he knew y/n was watching. 

"Malfoy!" Hagrid gasped as Buckbeak stood on his two back legs.

Draco's expression changed to regret as Buckbeak threw his talons in the air, Draco using his arm to cover his face. One of Buckbeak's talon struck Draco in the arm, ripping his clothes and scratching his arm just enough to draw a small amount of blood.