4

Y/N's POV

I sat in the great hall with my transfiguration text book on the table in front of me, an apple in my hand as I read through the notes. The clanging of utensils wasn't the best thing keeping me focused on my studies, but I was hungry.

"Y/l/n!" I heard Harry cheer as he sat next to me. I chuckled and closed my text book.

"Potter!" I greeted in the same tone, bumping my shoulder against his, him grinning back at me. "How have things been since breakfast?" I muttered biting into my apple.

"Eh, same old." He shrugged, putting a sandwich on his plate and I swallowed down the bite of apple I had taken and nodded at Harry.

"Found a way to ask Ginny to the Yule ball yet?" I asked, resting my chin on my palm.

"No." Harry huffed. "Even so, bloody Neville Longbottom asked her already."

"Ouch, I'm sorry" I frowned at Harry, who then shrugged.

"Anyone ask you yet?" Harry mumbled, chewing on his sandwich.

"Cedric asked me. Gave me a week to decide." I blushed, looking away from Harry.

"Cedric asked you?" Harry exclaimed in shock, and I raised my eyebrows at him, giving him a quick glance. "I mean, I would've expected him to go with Cho. Are you going to say yes?"

"Uh, yeah, I think so. I going to tell him at the end of the week, just to tease him." I chuckled and he wiggled his eyebrows at me, making me laugh. Ron and Lavender then sat across from Harry and I. 

"Hey, Where's Hermione?" I asked Ron as I stopped laughing.

"I don't know, she saw me and walked the other way." He shrugged, picking up a pumpkin pastie. I watched as Lavender ran her fingers through Ron's flaming red hair. Harry and I looked at each other and cringed.

"Hey Ron, can we talk? Just you and I?" I spoke and Lavender glared at me. 

"But we just sat down." Ron huffed as I stood up. "I'm hungry." He whined. Harry grabbed my hand and dragged me down so he could whisper to me.

"Don't leave me alone with her" He whispered angrily.

"You'll be fine, just don't talk to her." I chuckled, putting my text book in my bag. I then proceeded to hand Ron another pastie before he stood up with a groan. We walked out into the halls as Ron munched on his food.

"What did you drag me out here for?" Ron huffed at me while chewing on his food.

"So, what's going on between you and Lavender?" I questioned him, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"She's my girlfriend." He shrugged and my head shot up to look at him. I instantly felt horrible for Hermione. She seemed to really like Ron.

"Wow. How did that happen?" I asked, pretending to have an interest in their relationship.

"I really don't know." He slightly pouted, swallowing down the rest of his pastie and I frowned, muttering out an "interesting."

"Hermione still doesn't have a date to the Yule ball yet" I muttered out, watching his face.

"That sucks." He shrugged. "Oh god, what are they planning?" Ron groaned, pointing at Blaise and Draco handing out flyers. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No idea." I bit my lip, trying to peer at the sheets of paper.

"Y/l/n!" Blaise exclaimed, walking over to me, Draco glaring at him.

"What's up Zabini?" I asked him, Ron rolling his eyes at Blaise.