24

Draco was sat at his dinner table with his mother and father, although Draco felt more comfortable playing with the peas on his plate rather than consuming them. He flinched lightly, hearing a loud voice from where his father was sat.

"You stupid elf!" His father, Lucius boomed at Dobby, the Malfoy's house elf. "Clean up your mess, and then iron your hands!" Lucius ordered at the quivering elf. Draco looked down at the floor where Dobby had only dropped a single sweetcorn and let out a quiet sigh.

"Dobby is s-sorry, Master." Dobby stuttered, picking up the vegetable, wiping down the floor with the edge of the rag he was wearing before running away from the table.

"Now, Draco. How has school been? You haven't said much since you have returned." Lucius spoke, Draco peering up at him slowly.

How had school been? What was Draco supposed to say? That he had been sneaking around with a half-blood since Christmas holidays ended? Oh, how his father would be thrilled.

"It's been okay, I guess?" Draco mumbled, looking back down at his plate. Draco could feel his father glaring at him from the end of the table. "May I be excused?" Draco added, standing up from his seat and walking away.

As he walked past his father, Lucius struck Draco with his cane, the sharp fangs in the snake head at the end of his cane digging through the sleeve of Draco's suit jacket and breaking through the skin. Draco stopped in his tracks, end looked at the piece of metal that was making his arm sting and throb. Lucius pulled back the cane and Draco clenched his jaw in anger.

"Sit back down son, I don't think you've eaten quiet enough." Lucius ordered, but Draco wasn't hungry.

"But father, I don't feel well, I think I might just go to bed." Draco said, trying not to grab at the ache in his arm.

"It's okay Draco, you may be excused." Narcissa, Draco's mother, spoke in a soft voice. Draco walked off, and once he was out of sight, he grabbed his arm where he was sure he was bleeding, making his way to his room.

Once Draco was in his own room, he removed his suit and his undershirt, running his fingers over the red skin on his upper arm, lightly rubbing away the now dried blood that spread across is skin. Draco let out a soft groan and walked over to his desk, sitting down at it, pulling out some parchment and his quill. He began writing. 

"Dear y/n,

How has it been since school has ended for the year? I was wondering when that carnival was and how I can get there. Can we stay somewhere for a few days maybe? I feel like these walls are suffocating me with every breath I take. I may have to lie to my parents and say I'm staying with a friend for a few days, which I'm sure my mother will allow it. I hope you are well.

Please respond back when you can, 

- D.M."

Draco put the letter in an envelope and sealed it with some wax before writing her name on the envelope. He whistled out, calling his brown owl to his now open window.

"Y/n Y/l/n." Draco told the owl as it held onto the end of the envelope with its beak. Draco watched as the owl flew off into the distance. He let out a sigh and got dressed into a shirt and his pajama pants, sitting back down to watch out the window, waiting for his owl to return.

Y/n was also sat at her window, flicking through the pages of her novel as she lightly nibbled on the skin of her thumb. She looked up when she heard a light tap at her window, opening it when she saw the fluffy, brown owl with a letter in its mouth.

"Thank you." She whispered to the owl who dropped the letter in her hands. Y/n was quick to open the letter and read it with a smile. "Stay there!" She grinned at the owl, who responded with a soft hoot and began ruffling it's feathers as y/n wrote her response to Draco.

"Dear Draco,

I've been okay. The carnival is at the end of the week, Saturday. There are many ways to get here, my parents are going away for a few weeks on Wednesday. You could take the train in, floo powder maybe? We just cannot be at my place for very long as house keeping may see you. And I would love to stay somewhere with you. I am very sorry you feel that way about your home. I miss you.

- Y/n xx"

Y/n sealed the letter and handed it to the owl, watching it fly off into the distance.

"Y/n, Darling, who's owl was that?" Y/n's mother asked as she walked into y/n's room.

"Oh, just a friends." Y/n shrugged, turning around to face her mother.

"Ah, well, just wanting to let you know that dinner is ready." Her mother spoke and y/n nodded, walking downstairs to her dining table where her father was already sat down. Y/n watched as her mother whispered something into her fathers ear, making him chuckle.

"So, Y/n, you have a new friend, your mother tells me?" Her father grinned and y/n groaned.

"Mother!" Y/n scolded, putting food onto her plate. "Can I not have friends?" She mumbled, putting a piece of chicken into her mouth.

"Is it a boy?" Her father smirked at y/n, causing her to blush. "It is! What his name? When can we meet him?" Her father interrogated her.

"I'm not telling you his name." Y/n laughed, sipping at her water. "I don't think meeting parents is really his, uh, thing."

"But we are going to meet him?" Her mother furrowed her eyebrows at her daughter. 

"Eventually." Y/n shrugged. "And he is JUST a friend."

Meanwhile, Draco felt a tap on his shoulder as he waited for his owl to return. He turned around and saw his mother next to him. 

"Does your arm hurt?" She asked Draco, sitting down next to him, playing at the sleeve of his shirt to get a look at his arm.

"It's fine, mother." Draco muttered, tugging his arm away from Narcissa, who looked at him with concern. 

"You're father is just being your father. He's just upset that you aren't telling him anything about school." Narcissa spoke with a soft voice, Draco looking down at the floor.

"School is school. Nothing interesting about it." Draco shrugged, looking back out the window as he spotted his owl flying back to his window.

"Okay, well, that must be important." Narcissa stood up as Draco nodded. "Goodnight Draco." Narcissa whispered, kissing Draco's cheek before leaving the room.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I just reached 13K readers and my book is #1 in one of the tags! thank you all so much to everyone who has read this book and voted! it means a lot!! xxx