3

Y/N's POV

"Y/N! Y/N! Wake up! It's time to go to Hogsmeade!" Hermione squealed excitedly while shaking me awake. I groaned and covered my face with my blanket, which was almost immediately pulled from my face by Hermione. I looked up at her and pouted. "Come on! We will be late!" She giggled and I sat up in bed and stretched my arms while yawning.

I got up and brushed my teeth and did my business. I decided to wear a thicker coat than usual and shoved a beanie onto my head, knowing it would be way too cold for my liking. Hermione and I made our way to the entrance of Hogwarts where all the students were making their way to Hogsmeade, meeting Harry and Ron on our way. 

"Lets go to Honeydukes?" Harry suggested and we all agreed and walked into the shop.

I loved Honeydukes. They had shelves upon shelves of the best sweets, barrels of Every Flavor Beans, and hundreds of different flavors of chocolates. I excitedly pushed past student to get my favorite honey-covered toffees. I picked up two packets of the toffees, one box of Every Flavor Beans and two chocolate frogs and I proceeded to pay.

"Y/n, Can we go to Three Broomsticks? Just you and I?" Hermione whispered with pleading eyes. I furrowed my brows furrowed at her and I looked around, Seeing Harry and Ron in the corner of the shop, deciding on what they wanted. I looked back at Hermione and nodded, a smile on my lips. "Of course." I whispered back to her and we walked to the cafe. We walked through the doors of Three Broomsticks and sat at a table for two.

"Two Butterbeers please" I smiled at the waitress who nodded and disappeared to get the beverages. She then returned and placed the drinks in front of us and we thanked her.

"So, has anyone asked you to the Yule Ball yet?" I asked Hermione, who was fiddling with her fingers. 

"Not yet" She sighed. "I was wanting Ron to ask me, but he's going with stupid Lavender. I thought he was going to ask me! I really don't know what he sees in her. Him and I were getting on well, and now, all of a sudden, he finds me gross or something." She ranted, taking a sip of her Butterbeer. I rolled my eyes at her.

"You are not gross, Hermione. You are a beautiful person with a beautiful heart. He's just an idiot boy who is too blind to see it. Did you want me to talk to him?" I said to her, with a soft smile.

"That would help a lot. Thank you, y/n." She smiled at me and I nodded. "Looks like someone is watching you." She smirked at me, her eyes moving to look behind me.

I turned my head slowly and saw Cedric looking at me. Our eyes made contact and he gave me a smile and I looked back at Hermione, a blush appearing on my cheeks. I cleared my throat and took a sip of my Butterbeer.

"What in Merlin's name?" I silently squeaked, a bit of excitement in my voice, Hermione giggling.

"Oh crap! He's coming over!" Hermione grinned, my eyes widening and I bit my lip. Cedric stood in between us.

"I, uh, better be seeing Harry and Ron." Hermione cleared her throat and winked at me before getting up and leaving, Cedric moving to sit where she sat.

"Hello there, y/l/n" Cedric smiled at me, his Hufflepuff scarf hanging from his neck.

"Hi Cedric" I responded, looking down at my hands that we resting on the table.

"So, do you have a date to the ball?" He questioned. Oh god.

"Not yet. Why?" I said, a small smile still lingering on my lips.

"Just asking. None of these idiots asked you yet?" He smirked and I shook my head. "Shame." He added. 

"I'm sure someone will, there is still, what, 3 weeks anyway?" I teased him with a wink.

"Oh, so you are confident someone will ask you?" He leaned back in his seat, his arms crossed over his chest. I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Joking, y/l/n." I shook my head and laughed.

"Here's this, come to the ball with me, I'll give you one week to decide. If you don't want to, which I highly doubt by the way you look at me, I'll leave you alone. No objections." He suggesting, putting money on the table to pay for the two Butterbeers. I raised my eyebrows. He stood up and towered over me and leaned over me. 

"One week. Starting now." He smirked, his warm breath washing over me. He sent me a wink and walked off, leaving me stunned. 

"Confident bastard." I blushed, finishing my drink and leaving the restaurant, on the hunt for Hermione, Ron and Harry. 

I walked down the street, my shoes crunching against the snow. I stopped when I heard voices in the distance.

"Bit grand for you, isn't it weaselbee?" I heard a familiar voice spoke and I furrowed my eyebrows and stepped a little closer and hid behind a tree. "Don't your family sleep in uh, one room?"

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy." A saddened voice replied, which I immediately recognized as Ron. I walked a bit closer and saw Hermione, Ron, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, not very friendly." Draco responded and I squinted my eyes. Does this guy seriously say that every time some one is rude to him? "Boys, I think its time we teach weaselbee how to respect his superiors." He smugly said, grabbing the sides of his coat. I shook my head and bent down and picked up a chunk of snow, forming it into a ball.

"I hope you don't mean yourself" Hermione threatened through a laugh, moving to stand in front of Ron.

"How dare you talk to me? You filthy little Mud Blood." Draco spat and as soon as I heard 'Mud Blood,' I quickly stepped out from behind the tree, threw the snowball at Draco, hitting him in the side of his head and I stepped behind the tree again.

"Who's there?" Draco shouted after he gasped at the cold of the snow ball. I stood out from behind the tree and smirked, his eyes widening. I walked closer to the group of people, standing together, still in shock.

"Me." I stared at him. "Calling her a Mud Blood, huh? Forgetting the fact that you are partnered with one? Oh the shame." I seethed at him, making him gulp. 

Suddenly, snowballs started flying at the three Slytherin boys. Ron, Hermione and I stared at each other confused.

"Don't stand there, do something!" Draco pushed his friends.

"What are we supposed to do?" One of his friends spoke.

"Y/l/n! You will pay for this!" Draco yelled and I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm right here. That's not me." I said confusingly, raising my hands to show I had nothing in them. Draco furrowed his eyes at me. 

Suddenly, unexplainable things started happening, making the boys trip over each other, their pants dropping, getting pulled by their scarfs and Malfoy being dragged by his feet. The three of us laughed at the boys being tortured by something unseen. Eventually the boys the ran off.

"Harry!" Hermione giggled as her beanie started to move. She pulled something and Harry appeared. The invisibility cloak. We all burst out into hysterics.