12

Reader's POV

"Potter!" Draco had tried to call out over the clapping of students in the great hall. "Potter!" He spoke again, this time a bit louder, making Harry, Ron, Hermione and Y/n look in Draco's direction, who eyed y/n but then diverted his attention back to Harry. 

"Is it true you fainted?" Draco asked Harry, Draco's friend dramatically pretending to faint. Draco smirked. "I mean, you actually fainted?" Draco exclaimed before laughter left his mouth. Y/n rolled her eyes at Draco. 

'He is such a git.' Y/n thought, shaking her head at Draco.

"Shove off, Malfoy." Ron sneered, pulling Harry to look away from Draco. The Slytherin table laughed in response.

"How did he find out?" Harry whispered and y/n shrugged, picking up a piece of toast and biting into it.

"Just forget it." Hermione spoke, directing her attention back to Dumbledore, who was speaking about Hagrid joining the Care of Magical Creatures class. 

Draco quickly turned around to catch one more quick glimpse of y/n, who was playing with her food in thought. Her hair was tied up and a few loose strands framed her face. Draco quickly turned back around so no one would catch his quick glance. 

He knew he couldn't be apart of her life for obvious reasons, so he just decided to shut her out.

Later on in potions class, y/n hoped that Snape forgot about her being partners with Draco, so she sat next to Hermione, and it worked until a paper bird flew towards her and landed on the desk in front of her. 

She unwrapped the origami piece and inside was a stick figure drawing of a boy labeled 'Cedric' and two girls, one next to 'Cedric' which was labeled 'Cho', and the other further away, labeled 'Y/n.' At the bottom of the paper was signed with a messily written 'D.M.' Y/n looked at Draco and rolled her eyes as him and his friends burst out into laughter. Y/n scrunched up the piece of paper.

"And speaking of the separation of the snake skin, Miss. Y/l/n, I believe you are in the wrong seat." Snape seethed at Y/n and she gulped and stared at Snape in shock. "Move it!" He snapped and y/n flinched and quickly grabbed her stuff as Hermione gave her an apologetic smile. 

Y/n slumped down in the seat next to Draco, who scoffed. They began doing the task they were assigned. Y/n picked up the small knife to slice the snake skin when Draco snatched it out her hand, making y/n huff out a small "Hey!"

"You wont do it right, you never do anything right." Draco spoke and began slicing the skin himself, Y/n crossing her arms over her chest.

"You know, I used to think Ron was overreacting when he complained about sharing potions with you that one time, but now I understand his frustration." Y/n sighed as she watched Draco drop the snake skin contents into cauldron.

"Believe me, no one is more frustrated than I." Draco murmured as he watched the liquid in the cauldron fizz. Y/n rolled her eyes and looked around the room before looking back at Draco, who was smirking at her. 

"What?" She huffed and he grinned, pushing something in her direction, it looked similar to black beans. "What's that?" She questioned, eyeing the product.

"One of the ingredients. Just put it in the cauldron." He shrugged and lifted up his text book so it sort of covered his face.

Y/n picked up the tray and poured the contents into the cauldron. Almost immediately, the liquid turned red and started to steam, thickening in the process. Y/n furrowed her brows and moved closer to the cauldron to see what was happening. Suddenly, with a bang, the cauldron exploded, a thick, red goop covering y/n's face, the textbook shielding Draco's face.

Draco hesitantly put his book on the table, laughing along with the Slytherin's as y/n wiped her eyes and flicked the goop off her fingers. She knew this was Draco's idea. She clenched her jaw and grabbed a handful of the goop that had covered the table and threw it at Draco, who gasped in shock. Snape had bounded over, staring at the two, waiting for an answer. 

"It was y/n's fault professor." Draco said, innocently and Snape glared at y/n.

"50 points from Gryffindor. You are excused Miss. Y/l/n." Snape spoke and walked away. As y/n grabbed her things, she lightly pushed Draco's head, muttering an 'Asshole.' before leaving the room. Y/n stormed out of the classroom and to the nearest bathroom.

"Mr. Malfoy, you are excused. Check up on the Gryffindor." Snape spoke and Draco nodded and grabbed his stuff, also walking to the bathroom. 

"This is the men's room." Draco cleared his throat as he saw y/n hunched over a sink, trying to get the goop off her face.

"I don't quite care right now, Malfoy." She seethed, looking at him in the mirror. She had taken her tied up hair out and a few bits of her hair, still covered in goop, we also wet from the water. Draco shrugged and walked to the sink next to y/n, looking at himself in the mirror.

"Thanks for that." He sarcastically spoke, pointing to his face as y/n stared at him. He peered down at y/n, her lips pursed and her brows furrowed. "Kinda your fault for putting them in there." Draco spoke, turning on the tap.

"Shut up, please." Y/n rolled her eyes and continued to wash her face and wash the chunks out of her hair. She had decided to leave her shower for later tonight and just change her clothes before the next class. 

Draco had it easy. He just had a small bit on his face and a couple of chunks that had landed on his pants, whereas y/n got the full force right in her face. Draco just watched her clean herself up. She looked cute when she was angry, her lips pouted. The same ones he would've gladly kissed again. 

He had imagined her lips around his cock many times after they had kissed that night, he knew it was wrong to do so, especially when Pansy was sucking him off, he had almost let her name slip a few times, but it was just something he couldn't help.

"What the hell are you staring at?" Y/n scoffed, patting her face dry. Draco stepped closer to her, it was almost like he was pulled to her.

"You, uh, you missed a spot." He whispered, resting his hand on her cheek, his thumb stroking her cheek ever so slightly. There was not a chance he could keep up the act of being an ass to her much longer. Y/n gulped nervously, her stomach fluttering as his breath washed over he face.

"Draco..." She whimpered as he looked into her eyes. "what are you doing?" She huffed, pushing him back.

"You should leave." Draco's expression changed to a sneer as he picked up her bag and shoving it in her arms. He watched her leave the room and he turned around and leaned on the sink. 

"You are so dumb." He spoke to himself. "What is wrong with you?" 

He was angry with himself. Why did he let himself care?