11

Readers POV

"Y/n, are you going to tell us the full details of what actually happened at the yule ball? Where did you go to with Malfoy?" Hermione whispered the last part, Her, Harry and Ron sitting down next to y/n in the cabin of the train. They were headed back to Hogwarts.

On the day after Christmas, the students from Hogwarts went home for a few weeks to spend the rest of the holiday season with their families and all Y/n can remember was the kiss she had shared with Draco, and her three friends harassing her on the train home, which she always responded with 'I told you, nothing happened.' But the trio was so concerned as to where she had disappeared to 'til the early hours of the morning.

"Nothing happened, we just established our hatred towards each other and spoke." Y/n sighed with a shrug, peering out the window of the moving train to conceal any hints that she was lying, even though she technically wasn't. Draco and y/n did speak that night, not that she remembered a lot of it.

"You just spoke?" Ron questioned, one eyebrow raised. "Spoke about what?" y/n rolled her eyes and looked back to her three friends, all awaiting her answer. Y/n debated telling them, she stared at them for about thirty seconds, wondering whether or not to tell them what had actually happened.

'It was probably a fluke.' Y/n had thought, it was Christmas after all, and mistletoe was popping up all over the school, although her cheeks grew a touch warmer at the thought of the kiss. She knew that the three would tell others if she spoke, especially something as juicy as that.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" An old lady with a trolley spoke, knocking slightly at the door. Y/n breathed a sigh of relief. It was perfect timing, food was the perfect way to shut their mouths. Y/n stood up immediately, digging into her pocket and pulling out a few stacks of gold coins.

"The lot please!" She spoke, shoving the money into the old lady's hands. The lady nodded and gave everyone two of each thing, her cart magically restoring, before walking off. Ron stood up and shut the door.

After eating some of the food, y/n stood up and made her way to the bathroom, looking down at the floor while squeezing through the tight corridor. Someone's shoulder collided with y/n's, knocking her back a bit. She let out a small yelp and leaned up against the wall for support.

"I'm so sor-" Y/n began but was silenced immediately. She glanced up and saw a familiar head of white her. Her heart might have fluttered.

"Watch where you are going, Mud Blood." Draco seethed, his usual scowl on his face. Y/n's brows raised in shock.

"S-sorry." Y/n stuttered as Draco stared at her. Y/n felt so small in his glare. She glanced around him, his friends weren't around, so who did he have to show for? Draco looked at her up and down in disgust before walking off, leaving y/n stunned.

Y/n let out a sigh before walking into the toilet room. After using the bathroom, she washed her hands and then looked up at her reflection in the mirror hanging above the sink.

The way Draco looked at y/n made her feel like she had something in her face, or perhaps something stuck between her teeth, but no. She looked fine. Her eyelashes were perfectly curled upwards, her skin was smooth, and her pink lips were perfectly plump, but she felt self-conscious.

Y/n bit her lip and walked back to her cabin, but groaned when she saw Lavender at the door of her cabin. Y/n cleared her throat, making Lavender snap her head towards y/n. Lavender had scurried off and y/n walked to the door, but stopped in front of it when she saw a patch of fog, a love heart drawn in the fog, accompanied by an 'L' and an 'R'. She rolled her eyes and wiped the fog with the sleeve of her sweater before entering the cabin.

"God, she is so annoying." Y/n huffed, taking a seat next to Hermione, who simply nodded and awkwardly shoved an every flavor bean into her mouth.

"Tell me about it." Ron mumbled around a chocolate frog. Y/n and Hermione both glanced at each other, y/n shrugging at Hermione.

The cabin suddenly grew cold and ice glazed over the windows. It was odd for it to be this cold, the snow had already started to melt for spring. Y/n wiped the window as the train stopped, peering out to see what had happened.

"Surely we aren't at Hogwarts yet?" Hermione questioned with a shiver.

"It's is completely dark out there." Ron squinted, also trying to see outside. "Something's coming!" Ron squeaked and the lights flickered off, the only source of light coming from the moonlight.

Suddenly, a cloaked figure appeared in front of the door, all four of them stared at it as the door to the cabin opened. Harry stared at the figure for longer than the others and dropped to the floor.