30

It had been two weeks since Draco and Y/n broke up. Two weeks of y/n dealing with whispers and stares whenever she walked into a room. Two weeks since her friends began to talk to her again. But it had only been hours since the tingling in her palm went away.

Y/n was sat in the great hall at lunchtime, nibbling at her chocolate bar and playing with the wrapper. She tried to focus on what her friends were talking about but all she could focus on were her thoughts and hearing Pansy's obnoxious laugh from the Slytherin table did nothing but piss y/n off.

"So, do you agree y/n?" Harry asked, y/n's head shooting up to see Hermione, Ron and Harry observing her.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, totally." Y/n cleared her throat before taking another bite of her chocolate, ignoring the scoff of Ron.

"So you agree that we should burn down Hogwarts?" Harry joked and y/n's eyes widened.

"Oh." Y/n muttered. "I guess I wasn't listening. Sorry." Y/n placed her chocolate bar wrapper on the table and sipping at her pumpkin juice.

"You need to get over him, y/n." Ron began, getting y/n's attention. "It was never going to work anyway. He's a Slytherin, and you're a Gryffindor. He doesn't deserve you." Ron continued, y/n letting out a sigh. Y/n knew that Ron was right. She had felt as if this whole time, sex was all that Draco wanted and she had fallen for it.

"I need some air." Y/n stood up, picking up her bag and walking out of the great hall and into the courtyard. She sat down under a tree and rested her head against the rough wood, letting out a small sigh.

Draco hadn't showed up to the classes that he'd shared with y/n. He didn't want to trouble her as much as he already had, he just wanted to talk to her. He watched her from a distance, seeing the way she wouldn't laugh along with her friends. 

Draco was pissed off, he may have even punched his wall a few times, but never got far. He always ended up with red, scraped knuckles from the stone wall. He hadn't been able to sleep at night. And this was all Pansy's fault.

Draco walked into the courtyard, seeing y/n leaning against a tree. He sat down on a bench that Blaise was also sitting at, nodding at him as a greeting. He watched as Hermione made her way over to y/n with the intention of getting to class early. Hermione and y/n walked side by side around the courtyard.

"Y/l/n!" Y/n heard a voice behind her call. "Y/l/n!" She turned around and saw Cedric walking up to her. She rolled her eyes.

"Is it true that you and Draco were-" Cedric began, wiggling his eyebrows, y/n raising one of her own at Cedric. "Banging?"

Draco squinted his eyes at Cedric, observing how uncomfortable y/n looked. Draco stood up, slowly making his way to them.

"Oh, come on. You actually thought I liked you?" Cedric chuckled at y/n, who looked down at the floor. "No, I knew that I could bang you quicker. You are pretty easy." Y/n's eyes began to prick with tears as Hermione opened her mouth to speak

"Oi! What the fuck did you just say to her?" Y/n heard some one yell. Draco was storming over to where they were. Y/n felt her heart break as she caught sight of Draco. He was stood in front of y/n, his fists clenched as Cedric grinned at him.

"She must've been real easy." Cedric shrugged at Draco. "I mean, now that you aren't fucking her anymore, I guess it's my turn."

Draco's jaw clenched. He didn't like people talking about y/n like that. Draco's fist connected with Cedric's jaw, Cedric falling to the floor. Hermione and y/n let out a squeal, taking a step back from Draco, who kept punching at Cedric, people crowding around them to see the fight.