007☘︎

Today, you buy me an icecream

Today, you buy me an icecream. My favourite flavor; green tea.

Suddenly, I feel you put something into my ear. It's an earphone. "Let's hear the music together," you said.

"Okay."

Then, a familiar melody starts to play in my ears. River flows in you by Yiruma.

We sat in silence, enjoying the icecream and the song.

"Jae, can I ask you something?"
"What?"

"If one day you're given a chance, do you want to see the world again?"

"Honestly speaking, of course. There's a lot of new things that I want to see with my own eyes."

"Really? What's the first thing that you want to see if you get your sight back?"

"This lake."

"Why?"

"My friend said this lake is so beautiful. Of course I don't know how beautiful it is, but I believe him. His words intrigued me."

"Well, your friend is right. This lake is indeed beautiful. I'm surprise to see such a calm place like this exist amidst the bustling metropolis of Seoul."

I smile to myself before unconsciously let out a sigh.

"What's up with the sigh?"

"Well, it is a hopeless hope."

"What do you mean, Jaehyun?"

"It has been nearly 4 years I'm in this state. And trust me, it's not easy to find a donor. I've been sick and tired of waiting. I have given up all hope."

"But that doesn't mean you will not have your chance. Trust me Jaehyun. I promise you that you will be able to see again. Maybe not now, tomorrow or even in a year but someday things will eventually turn up. For now, you're going to have to be patient because the best things take a long time to come." You say assertively.

Your words ignite a spark of hope inside me. And now I become hopeful again.

I'm not saying this to you but apart from the lake, the other thing that I really really want to see is your face.

"Thank you Areum."

"For what?"

For existing and coming into my life. "For everything."