036☘︎

I open the door to my room with one hand holding a small rectangular white box

I open the door to my room with one hand holding a small rectangular white box. Even with the door closed, I can hear the faint sounds of Dalgom's barks and Yuta's happy laughter. Areum's mother had asked me to take care for Areum's dog because she doesn't really like that furry animal.

Shaking my head with a smile stretches on my lips, I quickly walk to the my bed before sliding down beside it.

Sitting cross-legged on the carpeted floor, I put the box onto my lap before slowly removing the box's cover. There's a handphone and an envelope lay inside it.

I take the phone first and switch it on. I'm hesitate to go through Areum's phone but her mother said that there is something important for me inside it. As soon the phone is switch on, I immediately slide open it.

Right at the top of the screen, there is a folder written "Areum's life entries". The folder name intriguing me so I tap it open.

Inside the folder, there are lots of memo with different dates.

She had started written all of this from last year.

Some of it manage to make me laugh.
She really writes all the things that happen in her daily life, even some of it are not significant at all, like when she accidentally wears different color of sock when she went outside or when she decide to sulk for a whole day just because her mother forgot to buy her favourite banana's milk.

But starting in early January this year, her memo start to make me feel with sorrow.