031☘︎

"You're lying! Fucking liar! Where's she?!!"

My scream echoes inside the ward that morning.

Before I'm even aware, I'm already jump out of the bed. The bandage is still wrapped around my eyes but I don't care. I have no clue as to where shall I go, just that anywhere as long as I can find her.

I was unconscious for three days after the surgery took place. And immediately when I woke up, I called for you but instead of your sweet voice responding to me, I need to hear these nonsense shits from Yuta and Dr Cha.

"Jaehyun, calm down! You're still weak!" Yuta hugs my waist from behind, restraining my move.

"Fucking let go of me!"

"Jaehyun, Areum's no longer with us. She was already dying during those days she took care of you before your surgery." Dr Cha's words make me stops struggling to freed myself from Yuta.

My mind is blank. I can feel the tears start to fill my eyes that are wrap under the bandage.

"Jaehyun, I know it's hard to accept this. But this is the harsh reality you need to accept whether you want it or not. Areum doesn't sacrifices herself just to see you being miserable like this. So please...don't be like this." Yuta try to coax me.

When I still doesn't say anything, Yuta holds my shoulder. "Jaehyun, please say something. You're making me worry."

"Can you two leave me alone?"

"But Jae-"

"Please, I just want to be alone right now." I cut Yuta's words tiredly.

Luckily Dr Cha agreeing with my request. "Come on Yuta. Let's give Jaehyun some privacy."

Yuta sighs, "Fine. If you need anything, just call for me okay? I'll be waiting outside."

Then, I hear their footsteps fading before the sound of the door being close followed after that.

As soon as I'm left alone inside the ward, the numbness of your loss has passed. Instead, it's replaces by the pain that hit me out of nowhere, doubling me over, racking me with sobs.

Why you do this to me Areum? How can I live without you?