028☘︎

"Jaehyun, are you ready for tomorrow?"

You ask as we cuddle together on the hospital's bed with your head on my chest. Our cuddles feel like a little touch of heaven; warm, together and cozy. I wish I could extend the night just so I could stay close to you for longer, safe in your embrace.

"Yes, but honestly I feel a little bit nervous. What if the surgery goes wrong?" I say while running my fingers through your soft hair. The familiar lavender scent filling my nose.

"It won't. Everything will be okay." You reassure me and I hum in response.

"Areum, you know what? For 5 nights in a row, I dreamed of you."

"Aww, really? That's so swee- wait a sec. How do you know that I'm the one in your dream? You never see my face."

"I don't exactly see your face but in my dream, you're humming the same song you sing to me everyday. But there's something strange about the dream though."

"What is it? Am I look like a monkey in your dream?"

I burst out laughing with your question. "You'll be the most beautiful monkey I've ever seen then. In my dream, you're wearing a long white dress. And you always sit beside this tiny pond, humming to that song. In your hand, there's this one white flower."

"Flower?"

"Yes, for each night I see you in my dream, you will pick a petal and give it to me."

"Do you know what kind of flower I'm holding?"

"No. I'm not very familiar with flowers but I kind of remember the shape. Its have 6  petals and it look like a trumpet."

"Well... maybe you can buy me those flowers after you can finally see later. I always imagine my special one giving me flowers everyday."

"Really? Okay then, I'll make sure that you'll get lots of that flowers everyday after this."

A chuckle escape your mouth, "Seriously, I'm the most luckiest person to have you as my man. Now go to sleep, you'll face a big day tomorrow." You whisper softly, hand carressing my knuckle. My other arm tighten our hugs.

"I'm lucky to have you too. Good night, Areum."

"Good night, Jaehyun."