022☘︎

After the first kiss that we share, we sit silently next to each other with you resting your head on my shoulder as I wrap my arm around you

"Areum, can you promise me something?"

"What?"

"Can you come and see me when I'm confine in the hospital later, before I'll undergo my surgery? I mean I know you're busy but-"

"I promise I'll visit you. In fact, I'll come to meet you everyday."

"Seriously?! Promise?" I ask excitedly, like a kid asking his favourite chocolate from his mother.

"Yes! Day and night, I'll keep coming and coming until you feel suffocate with my presence and you'll force the nurse to kick me out." You laugh  as you finish your words.

"I'll never get tired of you Areum, you know that?"

"I know. So, what else do you want me to do, my dear Jaehyun?" You ask teasingly.

"Hmmm, let me think," I tap my chin as I think hard before a thought come across my mind. "Aha! There's one more thing I want you to promise."

"What is it?"

"Promise me that the moment when I open my eyes after the surgery, you'll be the first person I lay my eyes upon." I say with a grin.

Suddenly, I feel your body stiffen and your breath becoming short, as if you're trying to hold in your emotions. I gulp, feeling my body stiffen too when you doesn't respond anything after nearly 1 minute.

"Areum?"

"God, Jaehyun. Why you gonna make me feel special like that?" I hear you sobs but then you recover it with a chuckle, "Yuta gonna be jealous if he knows that he's not the one you want to see first."

As soon as you finish your sentences, I feel my body relax immediately. "You're ridiculous, Areum." I say while shaking my head, finding yourself amusing.

"Hey, let's do this." You say as you pull my hand to make me stand.

"Do what?"

"This. I'll go first." I hear you inhale a deep breath before out of nowhere, you start to shout, "THE HANDSOME JUNG JAEHYUN IS MY BOYFRIEND NOW AND I LOVE HIM FREAKING MUCH!"

Then I feel you tap my shoulder, "There. Now your turn."

I grin before doing the same, "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL YOON AREUM IS MINE AND I LOVE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING!"

After that, we both burst into laughter before you pull me near the shore and in a split second, our clothings are already soaking wet with water.

But I don't mind at all because in this moment, it's just you and me. And that's all I want.