025☘︎

Tomorrow will be my first day staying at hospital and up until now, I still doesn't get any news from you

I toss and turn on my bed but still unable to find the right position. The only sound I can hear is the soft pitter-patter of the rain against my window. Trying to make myself fall into slumber, I start counting sheeps.

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep...

But up until 50 sheep, I still doesn't feel sleepy. Damn it.

Suddenly, I hear the door is open and Yuta's sleepy voice greets me.

"Jeffery, your girl is looking for you."

I prop up against the headboard and blinks, "What?"

Then, I hear your voice, greeting me in low tone, "Hi Jaehyun."

I quickly stand up from my bed, "Areum?"

"Yes, it's me."

"Okay then, you two can continue your chit-chat because I need to continue my beauty sleep. Sayonara."

"Sorry for troubling you Yuta."

"Nah, it's fine."

Next thing happen is I hear Yuta left, not forgetting to shut the door.

I walk to other side of the bed that I remember facing the balcony, before sitting down on the carpeted floor and leaning my back against the bed.

"Come and sit here." I tell you as I pat the spot beside me.

I feel you sit beside me.

"Did anything happen, Areum?"

"No, nothing."

"Don't keep to yourself. I know you're not okay.

"Jaehyun... c-can I hug you?"

I don't even manage to say yes when you already place your face at the crook of my neck, your arms wrap around my waist. The next thing I know, you're crying.

"Hey, what's happening?" I ask as I caress your hair with one hand and another hand patting your back softly.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ignoring you for the last few days."

"Hey, you don't have to worry about that. I'm not mad. I don't-"

"Jaehyun, I'm s-scared." You cut my words suddenly sobbing with hands clutching tightly at my pajama. I hold you in silence, rocking you slowly to calm you down.

"It's okay, it's okay." I whisper.

I never encounter this side of you. Your broken side.

"Now, tell me. You're scared of what?"

"I-I'm scared of losing you."

"Wait, what? Areum, I'll never leave you. If you promise to stay, then I promise to never leave. What make you think that I'll leave you?"

"Please don't hate me, Jaehyun. Don't ask me why. Just...promise me that you won't hate me."

I pull apart from your hug and my hand finds it  way to your shoulders. Holding you firmly, I speak,

"Hey, listen here. Okay, I won't force you to tell me the reason of your breakdown but just remember this." I stop to take a deep breath before continuing,

"I'll always love you, Areum. No matter what happens between us. No matter what you do, I will not hate you. Even if I have hundred reasons to hate you, I just can't. You know why? Because the fact that you accept my flaws and take me the way I am makes me know that you trully care about me."

Tangling my fingers in your hair, I pull your face gently to mine and let our breath mingle. "You'll always be the one I love. The one I'll never be able to get enough of."