010☘︎

I had ask Yuta to wake me up early this morning

I had ask Yuta to wake me up early this morning. I can't even get to sleep last night. My mind is scatters, so filled with anticipation about how my date with you will go on today.

He asks me why I look so excited, even giddy a bit when we are having breakfast together.

I just smile as a response. But I really can't hide anything from him.

***

After the accident, my parents decided to move to our hometown in America. They insisted me to follow, but I declined.

And at the right moment, Yuta come to offer the helping hand. He invited me to stay at his house and promised my parents that he will take a good care of me.

Yuta is the only friend that stay by my side. Yuta may be a little bit harsh with his words sometimes but he always speak the truth. But I like that side of him. For me,

Harsh truth was better than comfortable lies.

At the end of the day, real situations really expose fake people. The friends that I thought would be the one that loyal to me, end up being the first one that left me during my hard times.

***

"Ah, I know why you're happy. Is this has something to do with that girl? What her name again? Aera?"

"It's Areum."

"Yes, yes. Areum. You always seem in a good mood after you met her."

"I'm not."

"Don't try lying to me, Chalkface. So spill the tea, what will you do today?"

"We'll go on a..." I pause for a while, feeling shy to share it with Yuta.

"Well?"

"She asking me out for a date."

Yuta whistles, "Aww Jeffery~ Already got yourself a girlfriend. Damn, I'm jealous."

Then I hear Yuta sighs, "I think I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story for me."

"Areum is not my girlfriend. And no. You're not single because God or whatever shit you just said, you're single because your standards are too high."

Yuta snorts, "Fine, fine. I'm not desperate to end this single status because I don't need any wrong bitch to ruin my life. I'm ruining it perfectly on my own."

His words make me cackles, "Yes, you are indeed."