021☘︎

"Jaehyun, we have arrive

"Jaehyun, we have arrive."

After our dinner just now, you said you want to go somewhere. I just agree with you as usual.

You hold my hand as we walk to the bus door. As we step outside, a gust of cold air hit me and we walk for about 5 minutes more before I can hear the rhythmic sounds of waves crashing the shore.

"Are we at the beach?"

"Yes. Do you like it?"

"I like everything that you do."

I hear you clear your throat before you pull me slowly to sit on the soft sand. "Since when you become so...cheesy?"

I chuckle, "Guess Yuta has successfully rub off on me."

We sit there, enjoying the cold breeze and the sound of nature.

"Jaehyun, are you feeling nervous now that you're finally getting the operation?"

"Hmmm, honestly, I don't feel very nervous about it, but I'm feeling excited instead."

"Excited?"

"Yes. I can finally see the world again. And I'll finally see that someone's face. Someone who has a special place in my heart."

I can hear your voice wavering slightly as you ask "Who?"

So I smile before saying it calmly, "You."

I don't let the silence linger as I speak to you, "I have something to tell you Areum."

"What?"

I don't know where I get the bravery to do this but right now, I just want you to know about my feeling.

"I don't even notice when I start to have this feeling but my life changed from the day you walked into it. You're all I think about day and night."

I stop for a moment to catch a breath before continuing, "So tonight I want to confess to you. Yoon Areum,

I love you because you actually put effort into me.
I love you because you always make me feel that I'm worth something.
I love you because you made me smile when I almost forgotten how to.
I love you because you have a huge and honest heart.
I love you and every little detail about you .
I love you because you are simply you."

The next thing I know, your cold fingertips touch my cheeks gently, your breaths fanning my face.

In a moment, you press your lips against mine. I feel the world is slowly disappearing around us. Your lips are delicate and warm.

Unconsciously, my hands drift to your waist and I pull you closer to deepen the kiss. It is a small yet warm kiss. I honestly never knew a kiss so innocent can be so intimate and electrifying.

I feel your hands slowly encircle my neck, your fingers playing with the ends of my hair. A smile grew on my face as it starts to tickle, finally we pulled apart.

"I love you too, Jung Jaehyun."