018☘︎

Yuta helps me to sit on the cushion chair as we enter the check up's room

"Good morning Jaehyun. How're you feeling today?" The female doctor greet me, contentment evident in her voice. Her name is Cha Eun Jae.

She had became my personal doctor since the first day I become blind. I'm sometimes amaze that she can cope up with my unpredictable mood especially during the early days I need to adapt with my imperfection. I was totally having a big mental breakdown during those times.

"Fine. May I know why are you asking me to come today?"

She chuckles, "I'm so happy right now. Guess what, Jaehyun?"

"What?"

"Congratulations Jaehyun! Your prayer has been answered."

"What do you mean?"

"We finally get a donor for you. There's somenone that want to donor her eyes for you."

Her words left me speechless. My mind is blank.

Even when Yuta exclaim happily and engulf me in a bone crushing hug, I'm still at a loss for words.

Am I dreaming right now? Can someone please wake me up from this dream?

And it's look like God really want me to believe that I'm really not dreaming because Yuta is currently sobbing quite uncontrollably next to my ear, still hugging me tightly.

"Chalkface, you can finally see! You fuc- freaking get to see later. God, I'm so happy for you. At last, you can see my face, you can see your favourite lake and most importantly, you can see Ara!"

"It's Areum."

"God, whatever. It doesn't matter right now. I still can't believe this is finally happen."

Right. I can't believe it too.

As Yuta rambling with his words alongside the doctor that keep laughing at Yuta's rambles, my mind drifts off to someone.

To her. Areum.

Yoon Areum, I can't wait to tell you this.