033☘︎

"Are you just going to lie there all day? You totally look like a living dead

"Are you just going to lie there all day? You totally look like a living dead. Come on Jaehyun, do you think Areum'll be happy if she knows you're living your life like this?" Yuta scolds me as he comes into my room that afternoon.

"I don't care." I reply monotonously, eyes staring at the white ceiling above me. I thought I'll enjoy to see this world again but instead everything seems dull to me. Suddenly being blind felt much better.

"Jaehyun, I know this is tough for you. I know how much her death affected you. I know it sucks to let go. But you still need to move on. There are things that we don't want to happen, but have to accept." He speaks softly as he take a sit at the side of my bed.

I feel the muscle of my chin trembles and my eyes start to glimmer with tears again so I quickly put an arm over my eyes.

"Take all the time you need to heal Jaehyun but once you find the courage, make sure to let go of what you can't change and start the next chapter of your life. If you can't do it for yourself, at least do it for the sake of Areum."

I hate to admit it but all Yuta's words are nothing but truths. I know I can't do anything to bring Areum's back. I know denying the truth will not change the facts that Areum had truly left me. But sometimes your heart need more time to accept what your mind already knows.

But I don't want to stress Yuta with my unstable emotions anymore so I brace myself to get up from the lying position and nod weakly to him, "I'll try."

Yuta seems more than relieve to hear my response. "That's my Jaehyun."

I smile as response. Eventhough I know my smile might just look like grimace.

"Oh, there's actually one thing I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

"There's someone want to see you this evening."

"Who?"

Yuta fiddles with his fingers first before answers my question with hesitation, "Areum's mother."