035☘︎

"Why should I hate you? You never do anything wrong to me

"Why should I hate you? You never do anything wrong to me."

"But your only daughter had sacrificed her eyes to me."

"True. My only daughter had sacrificed her eyes for you. But I don't have any right to hate you. I'm cruel if I stop Areum from donating her eyes to you when you truly need it."

I let out a bitter chuckle. "I don't really mind being blind at first but that changes after I met Areum. I want to have my sight back because of her. I want to see the face that has manages to make my heart flutters in every moment I spend with her. But now, what's the point of seeing again when the sole reason I want to see was gone?"

The silence lasted for about a minute...

"Son, don't you want Areum to rest in peace?"

A pang of guilt hit me. Am I being ungrateful right now? 

I know I should be thankful that I finally get my sight back but... it's just so hard to accept the point that she's gone. And I would never see her again except in my memory.

I clench my fist to stop myself from tearing up. Suddenly, I'm being engulfed into a tight hug. Softly stroking my back, Areum's mother speaks, "If you're affected by her death, then imagine how I feel about it. I'm her mother Jaehyun but I know Areum doesn't want me to keep mourning. She wants me to keep going on with my life, enjoying it to the fullest. And I'm sure she wants you to do the same. Keep her in your memories and move forward. Can you do that?"

Letting the tears cleanses my cheeks, I nod into her shoulder. Then, she breaks the hug. A smile still plastered on her face. I can see how it come from deep inside to light her eyes and spread into every part of her. And subconsciously, I smile too.

"Now, the reason I want to meet you today is because I need to give you something." She says with a grin.

"What is it?"

"First thing first, do you like dog?"