SUCH A LONELY HEART <

alexa.
another week later.

it was nearing the end of april, which meant even hotter weather. but it also meant my birthday was in a couple weeks!

i squinted my eyes, writing down a couple things for the online school they had us in. i was about to write down another set of notes, when i heard a knock.

i look to the door, my hair falling onto the sides of my face.

"hey sweetheart." the brown eyed girl walked into my room, with another smile onto her face.

she knelt down next to me, "how's everything? school?"

"fine." i mumble, biting the inside of my cheek.

"are you lying?"

yes. yes i was.

i graduate in less then four months. i have to find a home to buy, i have to find someone to live, and face my parents in the mist of it all.

it was a constant loop.

"no i'm not." i lied, seeing her slowly pulling me into her side.

"you know that i'm always going to be here for you, right?" she half smiled. "always."

"i know," i gulped. "thank you." i said quietly, she smiled at me and walked away.

i gazed as the door shut, falling back into the chair and suddenly hearing the iphone ringtone.

i picked it up, bringing it up to my ear. "hello?"

"hey." calums sweet voice came through the phone, "i wanted to check up cause luke mentioned you were stressing about some stuff."

"fine." i mumble, putting my head into my left hand and hearing muffled voices from the other room.

"i think you are lying." he hummed.

"no, i'm not."

"your voice is slightly lower after i asked and you're sighing more." he chuckled.

i pursed my lips, pouting a little.

"how did you—"

"i've lied longer than youve been alive, hun." he chuckled. "how about we go out? to get pizza or something, you need a break."

"i really shouldn't." i argued, "i've got so much to do—"

"and you've got plenty of time to do it, doll. please?" calum begged, making my heart flutter.

"fine."

calum.

she seems so broken down. college and drivers ed has taken a toll on her, because her eyes are more tired than normal.

"dear." i catch her attention, turning her head to look at me. "are you okay?"

she nodded, but her body language showed her being stressed out. her hair was in a fresh bun, but it was obviously greasy. i saw her in these clothes three days ago, and her blue eyes were written with exhaustion.

"that's a lie." i hummed, "cmon. you know you can tell me, alexa."

and suddenly, it's like a volcano erupted. tears spilled over and she started sobbing. her old mascara started to run as well.

"babe—"

"fuck, im so sorry—" she sobbed, putting her palms up to her eyes to try and stop crying. she tried to breathe manually.

i pulled over to a parking lot, pulling her towards my chest to try and calm her down. "let it out, it's okay."

she sobbed and sobbed, apologizing every two seconds until about forty minutes goes by and she looks up at me.

her eyes are bloodshot, full of tears. i wipe them off of her cheeks and she gives me a smile.

"honey it'll get better." i say in a soft tone. "i promise."

"p-pinky?" she sniffled, her eyes glossy.

she held up her pinky, and i held up mine. we intertwined our pinky's in represented of a pinky promise.

"i pinky promise."