Not sure

GUYS I WANTED TO POST THIS CHAPTER A WHILE AGO!
Left y'all on a quite a cliffhanger, but my wattpad shut off! Details on my page, but I'm so so sorry... Here's the next part
Plus here's a song recommended to me by JessicaChell

(Y/N)'s pov

"Well, You see-"

I wait, staring for his answer. But he looks... uncomfortable? He keeps avoiding my gaze, so I decide to avert it to something else like... The window?

It's a bright world outside, the colors seem almost saturated! The grass is bright green, it looks so soft. The sun hits it just right, making it appear to be glistening.

I think I see another building in the distance, a quaint little cottage. It seems familiar. But I suppose if he tells me that I live with him or something, it's obvious I would remember things in this town.

Just then, I'm hit with realisation! I'm supposed to be listening for his answer! I look back, quickly, hoping to catch at least the end of the sentence.

But no, he's either not answered or I was just tuning out! Dang it, why did I have to get distracted?

"What?" I ask, hoping that he'd think I was just asking for clarification.

"Well, no... But yes... It's complicated, I promise it is."

Well, that gives me... Nothing. I still don't have an answer. I try to push further for more.

"What's that mean? Can't you just tell me?"

"Not really, I dont... I don't know if I can try to force back memories to you. Especially the ones that I admit I'd rather you not remember."

He looked kind of embarrassed to say it, but I guess... That's fair... I can't say that if he were the one forgetting everything I wouldn't want to only help him remember good things about me.

But it's kind of frustrating, I understand that there's a lot of power in his end. I mean, he could tell me I'm an idiot who ran away from home, and I'd believe him! He could tell me so many things that wouldn't be true.

I shuffle uncomfortably and try to think of what else to say.

"Well... Even if you can't tell me what I'm doing here, you at least know where my home is, right? I can't stay here in this hospital until I remember."

"Well, you've had a couple of places to stay over the time you've been here. But... You may stay with me."

He wasn't acting so sweet anymore. Instead, he seemed cold and frustrated. Maybe that's because of me. But I don't have any other choice, really.

"Where do you live?" I was cautious not to sound insensitive .

"The... Casino..." He was getting increasingly frustrated. I tried to lighten the mood.

"Cool! I don't remember much, but I think itd be nice to stay in a casino. Is it your casino? "

"Yes... Well, no."

Uhm... He's not really comfortable answering that either? Ok then.

"When am I supposed to be released?"

"Soon."

This isn't going to be easy, is it?

Dices pov

This is the absolute worst time to take advantage of her, I clearly can't let her get any more ideas about what we are.

She's just a runaway, I'm just a manager of a casino. Until she gets her memories back, I can't push anything.

Her life is in my hands. Quite literally.

And i can't afford to tell her things for her to remember the exact opposite. I still can't believe those little cup kids didn't bother to help her. Doesn't she have anyone else? No one came for her but me?

She'll live... In the next room over. I'll have to clean it out, but she can't get too close. That's all. I just have to be careful.