|B A C K S T O R Y|

I woke up at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning feeling very ill. In just a few hours, I will be leaving for Hogwarts, a whole new school in a whole new country. I'm terrified. I'm transferring from Beauxbatons; I've been there since I started school, and I made amazing friends there. My best friend is Fleur Delacour; she's my ride or die. I grew up around her, and our parents know each other. She's been by my side every step of the way. I told her I was transferring to Hogwarts and how much I wanted to be a Ravenclaw. Of course she was sad I was leaving, but she knew it was for the best.

"You will make it into Ravenclaw, ma belle! You are bright, intelligent, and extremely kind! There's no way you could possibly be anything else."

I'm moving to London from France; it's going to be a shock. My dad just got a job at the London Ministry of Magic; it's just me and dad. Mom walked out on us when she found out dad was a wizard, which was the same day I found out I was half-blood, the years before I got my letter for beauxbatons.

"A bunch of freaks!" My mother yelled before slamming the door. She left without saying goodbye. I was heartbroken; we had been so close; me and dad were in tears. Mom was extremely religious; she probably thinks I worship the devil now. She used to force me to go to church before she left; it was always so boring. I always wanted something to catch fire, and sure enough, something always did catch fire. Dad finally told me everything, including how I was half blood, a witch, and how next year I will be attending a school for magic.

It was all so hard to believe.

—————

|present time|

Dad took me to a place called Diagon Alley today. What a strange name, We went to gather school supplies for me. While I was walking into Flourish & Blotts, I noticed a very obvious lightning-bult scar on a boy's face. He was with a large, no, very large family of red bears and a girl with giant brown hair. I was shocked. Was it really him?

"Dad!!" I whispered and yelled at the same time.

"Yes Yasmine?" He asked

"Dad, look, I think it's Harry Potter! The boy who lived! Do you think he goes to Hogwarts? I want to go say hi! Can I?" I said I was getting very excited.

"No idea, Yasmine; you'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out," he said, not changing his tone. I forgot how excited I was. Holy shit, He's right, I'm going to a new school tomorrow. I'm obviously going to be the odd one out; I have a heavy French accent when speaking English, being the only fourth year in the sorting ceremony. Dad looked down, seeing how nervous I was.

"Yasmine, hunny, you'll be okay! It's not that scary; I'm sure you'll be a Ravenclaw; I was in it; it runs in your blood," he said, trying to comfort me, which didn't really work.

"And if I don't? What if I'm a Slytherin?" I asked; I knew it wasn't a bad house, but bad people did come out of it.

"That doesn't mean you are a bad person," he says. We head back to our Muggle apartment. I pack everything into my trunk, making sure I don't miss anything. It took hours to do, and it was so heavy.

"Yasmine, hurry up; we need to leave!" Dad yelled,

"Ok coming!" I yelled back. I used Wingardium Leviosa on the trunk so we could carry it out to the car; it was too heavy to carry. I put it in the car. Dad and I leave for King's Cross. We make our way to Platform 9 3/4. Once there, I give Dad the biggest hug ever and wave while getting on the train. I turn and walk to find a seat, a tear falling from my left eye. The nerves were far from gone.

————
Word count: 690
————

Some context photos of Yasmines Wand looks like, and what she could look like, but it is up to you how you want her to look!