|T W O|

Short chapter.
—————

I'm still getting used to the class schedule at Hogwarts, and I'm still confused about why Fluer is ignoring me. Is she upset that I'm not a Ravenclaw?

Tomorrow is the selection day for the tournament. I don't know if the tasks will be easy or not, but I'm excited to watch. I think it's very smart for witches and wizards who are under the age of 17 to not be allowed to compete.

It's been a while, and I still haven't heard from dad. My owl hasn't returned yet, and I'm starting to get worried. I'm lying in my head doing my potions homework when suddenly there is a tap at the window.

"Omg, peanut, thank Merlin," I said, getting up to grab the note from her. It read,

        Yasmine,

                 I am upset you did not get into Ravenclaw and extremely unhappy that you are a Slytherin. I feel like I don't know you at all and that we should not communicate for a while.

                Marcus André.

What?! Was he for real? A tear dropped from my left eye, and I wanted to cry. This can't be real; there's no way. He has to be playing a sick joke; dad would never ever do this to me. He told me that being a Slytherin doesn't make me a bad person.

No, no, it's fine. I don't care; he can't change how I feel about the house I'm in. Slytherin isn't bad. Slytherin isn't bad. I thought trying to convince myself it was ok, but it wasn't. I started crying. I knew I had to head downstairs soon for the selection, but I couldn't bring myself to stop crying. First,  my best friend, now my own father. What was happening?

Am I cursed?

————
Word count: 293