|T H R E E|

I was finally able to stop crying. I got up and walked to the great hall. I sat at the end, and Draco and his friends sat next to me. Weird. After everyone settled down, Dumbledore started to speak.

"We will now select one student from each school if your name is chosen. There is no going back." He said sternly that everyone was on edge. The first parchment flew out, and it read "Fluer Delacour." I didn't bother to clap for her; she hurt me, and I didn't want to show her the light of day.

the second one, "Victor Krum," the drumstrang kid, who was also a professional quidditch player.

And then finally, a third one was going to determine who the student from Hogwarts was going to be. The parchment read "Cedric Diggory," and the whole school started cheering. I was kind of friends with Cedric; we always sneak into the kitchen at night and bother the house elf's, not to be rude, just to see if we can get them to laugh, which hasn't happened yet. He's a couple years higher, but people say it's normal for Slytherins to have "hufflebuddys".

Right when everyone finished clapping, Dumbledore was about to speak again when suddenly a fourth parchment flew out. Everyone started in shock, and Dumbledore was confused as he saw the name.

"Harry potter." He said, sounding confused, and Harry locked up, shocked. He didn't move. I was shocked. How did a fourth-year get his name in the cup?

"Harry Potter!" he screamed. I could see Harry's friends pushing him up; he walked over; most people were booing; I was; his friends looked scared, except for one, a red head I saw in Diagon Alley; he was very mad.

I can't believe he would do that; he's full of himself, I'll say. Dumbledore sends us back to our rooms; I don't go. I head to the astronomy tower to be alone for a bit, thinking of my dad, Fleur. Everyone has been so cruel lately; I just needed a breather. A moment alone in the shade

Out of nowhere, I heard a voice,

"Yasmine?" The voice asked, and I turned to see Draco.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"No reason, you?"

"No reason"

I get up to walk back to my dorm. I think Draco was going to say something, but I didn't really care. I'm the end; he was a complete asshole, always making fun of me, my accent, and where I'm from. I didn't want to show him the light of day either, but I can't get him off my mind.

I head back to the common room, and the portait door asks for the pass word.

"Pureblood," I say. I don't get why people care about that. Not to mention that some Wizard families don't think it's right to 'breed' with muggles and that the child will be weak and not a good witch or wizard. My family name is pureblood; my father is pureblood, but the name has been off the list for 68 years. I'm pretty sure it's because we like Muggle-borns.

It's the morning I walk outside. I sit under a tree and start reading. I see some kids walking around passing out badges that read "Cedric Diggory, the true Hogwarts champion" that morph into "Potter stinks." I grab one and put it on. Soon, I see people walk over to me.

"You are under my tree," Draco says.

"Like I care."

"Move half breed," he said, his friends and the annoying girl with a short haircut staring at me. I giggled at that, showing them that it doesn't affect me. I didn't move, so Draco climbed up into the tree while his friends stood around. Soon, Harry walks past the tree, and Draco jumps down, almost hitting me.

"Why so tense, Potter? My father and I have a bet; you see, I don't think you're going to last 10 minutes; he disagrees. He doesn't think you'll last." Everyone, including me, giggled.

Potter, being bitter, says, "Shut it, Malfoy." Draco starts to take out his wand, and that's when Mad Eye turns Draco into a farret. I laugh so hard; I laugh even harder when I see mad eye Draco. I'm Crabbe's pants. I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe.

Eventually McGonagall comes over, turns Draco back, and scolds Mad Eye for turning him into a ferret. I walk to the great hall for lunch and then start to head to my dorm to get some homework done.

What a weird day

————
Word count: 766