|S I X T E E N|

"You disgusting, nasty, filthy half-blood! I swear I will make you regret this. You will regret taking Draco from me. I'll kill you for this! I promise you that." Pansy said, and my mouth dropped. Was she seriously threatening me? Oh, hello, no. Draco was visibly shocked, and the common room kind of went silent.

"What the fuck, Pansy, a little psycho-" Blaise was saying that Pansy cut him off.

"Shut it, Zabini," she screamed. With that, she looked at me and ran out.

I just took a breath and walked out of the common room. Draco was walking after me.

"Yasmine!" That was all I heard. I was really pissed off; I didn't even want to see him.

"Yasmine is common," he said.

"Fr. Draco, just leave me alone."

"What did I do to you?" He asked, as if he didn't fucking know.

"You didn't even say anything to her; my god, if you were to get a murder threat, I would stand up for you!" I spat, turning around to look at him. He looked shocked.

"Well, what did you want me to say? You really expected me to say something for that??"He yelled.

"First of all, do not yell at me; second of all, yeah, maybe you could have said not to fuck threaten me?" I said.

"Look, let's just go see Dumbledore and tell him what she said to you." I scuffed but agreed. He made me tell Dumbledore about what Pansy said. Dumbledore said that he would suspend Pansy and send a letter to her parents about what happened. We said okay and thanked him, and as we were walking out, we remembered to tell Dumbledore about the task.

"Oh professer, before we go, we got a task this summer: once the cabinet sister is finished, we have to lead the death eaters in. We don't know why yet, but there's a meeting next month to tell us why. Can you try to put off the cabinet till that meeting, please?" Draco said Dumbledore promised to continue to delay the cabinet. We left and thanked him. We went back to the common room; we both went to our bed rooms, and I saw that pansy things were gone; she must have left. I felt so relieved that I went to bed and got a good night's sleep for the first time in a while.

School was going as normal for a while. It was now time for the meeting. Draco and I went to the manor, and the dark lord told us what would happen when the cabinets were finished.

"Once the cabinets are finished, Draco and Yasmine will lead the death eaters into the school, and Yasmine will kill the headmaster." My heart absolutely dropped. He wanted me to kill Dumbledore. He had been the only one looking out for me and Draco since I got the mark. He was understanding. I went to Draco's room after the meeting and completely broke down. Draco hugged me and told me it would be ok. I knew he didn't believe that, and I didn't either. On the train back to school, I couldn't stop thinking about what the dark lord said.

Once we got back to the castle, we immediately asked to speak to Dumbledore, and we walked into his office. I was still in tears; I was sobbing but I was crying. He immediately realized that we had just gotten back from the meeting, as we were both dressed in formal clothes.

"Professor. When the cabinets are finished, we have to lead the death eaters into the school. and I was told that I would..." I paused, not able to get the words out, so Draco continued.

"Yasmine was tasked with killing you, professor." Draco said it sternly. I looked down, ashamed of myself for getting involved in this. Dumbledore didn't show any change in emotion. It's as if he knew of the task before it had been assigned.

"Yes, well, it only makes sense. Go back to your common rooms; we will talk more in the following days," he said, and we left.

We had to hurry back to the common rooms without being seen; right as we were turning the corner to the common rooms, we saw a shadow in the candlelight. It was Snape walking out of what seemed to be the potions classroom. He noticed us.

"Out for a late-night stroll, are you?" He said nothing in his voice.

"We were just in the room of requirements," I said, forgetting we finished the cabinet. He didn't say anything; he just raised a brow and kept walking.

"Do you think he knows what we said?" I asked, looking at Draco.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think he knows," he said. I laughed. I was nervous. Knowing now that Snape was a death egg, this could be a matter of life and death. I just hoped he wouldn't snitch. But with Snape, we all know it's a 50/50 chance.

I woke up around 3 a.m.; I wasn't able to sleep that night. I walked out of my dorm and down the stairs to the common room. Sitting in front of the fire place was Draco. I could tell he was just lost in his thoughts.

I walked up directly behind him. I gave him a hug from behind, and he inhaled sharply.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him, and I heard him let out a sigh of relief.

"You scared me; nothing; just think." He said. I frowned at that and walked around and sat in the armchair close to the fire. Nothing was said for a while. We just sat there. It was peaceful until

"Trouble in paradise?" I heard Blaise say as he was walking into the common room from his dorm.

"Oh, shut up Blaise before I fucking curse you," I said, laughing. We all talked for a while before it was time for breakfast.

The atmosphere in the great hall seemed off, but I just ignored it; it had to be all in my head. After heating, we got up to go to defence against the dark arts class. The first year couldn't help but stare. I always have the misfortune of getting partnered up with Harry, all going actually well today until he decides to say.

————
Word count: 1062