New Found Love

Karais pov

It has been a few months since ryame joined our class and we have become what you could call friends. We walk to class together and we hung out at break and dinner. Right now he was doing the most bizarre karate moves.

"feind what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm practicing some martial arts moves my dad taught me. I'm going to be a awesome martial artist like her one day!"

"you wish to fight? That is most foolish!"

"what!? But your a Ninja right? Ninjas are supposed to fight!" ryame retorted.

"no ninjas gather Intel from the shadows. We only fight if necessary. Picking fights or getting involved is simply foolish."

"oh ok then" I looked at him in shock.

"you give up that easily?"

"Well it's your opinion so I shouldn't try to change it plus I don't want to fight with you over something so silly"

I nodded "I see. Your more sensible than I give you credit for"

"hehe thanks"

"yo ryame" a tall boy known as nagoshi came up to us.

"how can I help you?"

"I want to know why you keep hanging around that freaky bitch!" he said pointing to me.

"hey! Don't talk to a girl like that! Where's your honer?" ryame said though gritted teath.

"ha! I'd hardly call that thing a girl!" he sneered.

"that's it you jerk we're going to settle this with our fists put them up!" he's picking a fight over words that weren't even directed at him?

The two boys fought at even though ryame fought well against the boy twice his size nagoshi managed to get him down and kicked him in the stomach over and over again. I couldn't just stand back and watch so I pushed him over and helped ryame up.

"you crazy bitch!" nagoshi yelled punching me in the face.

"now you've done it!" ryame yelled takling the boy.

"what is going on here!" the teacher yelled. The boys immediately stopped fighting. The teacher looked over at me and gasped.

"are you alright dear?" she asked. I nodded. She glared over at the boys. "karai go to the nurses office as for you two your going to the headmasters office!" we nodded and did what we were told.

Time skip

I held an ice pack to my face. My hand getting numb from the cold.

"hey you feeling ok" I looked up to see ryame smiling guilty at me.

"yes he hits like a girl" I said trying to cheer him up.

"didn't you say you didn't like to fight? So why did you step in?" he asked.

I sighed "I don't like pointless fighting but I do have honer. You were getting hurt protecting me so I couldn't just stand by"

"kairi"

"yes?"

"no matter what they say you're very dear to me and I will protect you from anything and anyone that tries to hurt you I promise"

He held my hand. What is this fluttering in my chest? Am I sick? I should ask mother.