Chapter 43

Jungkook pov

I'm angry.

Really angry.

Not at Jimin, but at myself.

I'm angry at myself for trusting Jimin and not being able to let him go even after he cheated on me.

I still love him and I can't get him out of my thoughts.

So I ignore him. I need to stop thinking about him.

Because if I don't, I will never get over him.

So I ignore Jimin at school and avoid every conversation that mentions him.

My hyungs tried to talk about Jimin to me a couple times, but I ran away avoiding the conversation.

Avoiding Jimin.

I have been doing this for a week now. Yoongi told me it wasn't him that he wasn't the one who gave Jimin a hickey and I believe him.

But he still gave Jimin money for expensive clothes, so Jimin still used him for money.

He wanted to explain why he gave money to Jimin but I just didn't want to hear it.

Jimin still broke my trust and cheated so I should forget about him. Which was going great.

Or so I thought.

After a week Jimin's behaviour at school totally changed and I noticed it too.

He didn't look at me anymore, he didn't talk to anyone anymore and most importantly he didn't show any emotion anymore.

His face was just blank. His eyes became cold and distant.

Not even even his best friend Hoseok could get through him. Jimin just stood there with his blank face while his friend was crying in front of him.

This isn't Jimin. I know I shouldn't care about it, but I just can't let it go.

I shouldn't want him back, but I still love him. No matter how much I try not to.

Then he started showing up with bruises on his face.

I know Hailee has something to do with it. That bitch and her friends have been pestering Jimin ever since we broke up.

But I never saw how Jimin got those bruises. My guess is some guys are beating him up, but the fact is he doesn't seem bothered by it.

But today I found out. I was walking to my locker when I heard someone yelling angrily.

I decided to check it out and saw a tall guy on top of Jimin punching him in the stomach and touching him.

I immediately saw red and threw the guy into some lockers. I jumped on top of him, punching him in the face repeatedly.

I kicked him in the stomach and I was fuming with anger.

"What the FUCK are you doing Jimin?! Why did you just let him beat you up?! Why don't you fight back, you asshole!" I yelled at him.

Why is he so stupid? Why does he have to ruin everything! How can he just let people treat him this way and not even fight back?!

I was going to forget him! But I can't ignore him if he is like this!

"Don't just look at me with this blank stare! Explain to me why you are like this! You're the one who cheated so why are you acting like you're the victim!" I yell again. I should be the one who's suffering. He is the one who cheated!

"Why are you acting like this?! Why did you shut off your emotions like this?"
I sniff as I bury my head into his neck.

He is so selfish, making me worry about him, making me unable to let him go, to forget about him.