Chapter 1- Remembering the Past

"Trisha, get up darling." My mom cooed while gently taking off my blanket revealing my overly haggard face.

"Mom, why so early? It's summer." I grumbled and grabbed my blanket and closed my eyes, hoping that I can go back to sleep immediately.

"You forgot didn't you?" I heard her say in a flat tone.

"What did I forget?" I blinked and stared at my mother, trying to recall what I was supposed to remember right now.

Minutes have passed and I still don't remember. I gave my mom an apologetic look and waited for her to say whatever it was that I was forgetting.

She sighed. "You reminded me yesterday that I have to wake you up early 'cause you got somewhere to go." She informed.

"Speaking of which, where are you going?" My mom asked with curious eyes.

"School." I answered. I hope she doesn't ask more questions.

"I don't know why you're going to go there but okay, darling. I'll just go downstares then." she said to me kissing me in the forehead. I smiled and nodded.

"'Kay."

As soon as she closed the door, I went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. When I finished taking a bath, I quickly put on my clothes and went down to the kitchen.

"Well, that's record breaking." Mom said, giving me a smile.

"You know me." I shrugged and returned a smile.

"I do know you, and I'm happy that you're not like those girls who spend an hour just deciding what to wear." She said laughing while she served me my breakfast.

"As if you're not one of them, mom." I mockingly rolled my eyes.

She looked at me, raising her right eyebrow saying, "I'm not."

"Yeahhh right."

******

"Done! Bye!" I said with my mouth half full as I headed to the door but before I could reach the door, I remembered I forgot something. I went back to my room and picked up my phone, skateboard and especially, my blue guitar. How could I even forget my phone?

I left the house, promising to be back before lunch.

*****

I arrived at our school, Rockwood High a couple of minutes later.

I strolled down to where the main school building is, with memories of my past coming into my mind.

***Flashback***

First day of school. I was excited and nervous ofcourse.

What if they don't like me? What if they bully me and call me a nerd? What if...

Well, I'm not technically a nerd. Yes, I am the top student when I was in sixth grade and yes, I wear glasses but I'm a social type of person. I don't want to be an outcast. Usually, I'm only shy at first.

"Darling, are you okay?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah mom, I just got lost with my thoughts." I said smiling at her.

"Oh okay, honey." She smiled back.

"I'm a little nervous that's all." I looked down staring at my skirt.