King's Jewel

Credits to 25_ Kimera
{twitter.com/25_kimera?s=21}

You stare mindlessly into Heaven's city, a lot of angels were on patrol and seemed to be looking for something. No one bothered to fill you in, or maybe they didn't want to. But that wasn't the reason why your head was in the clouds.

Still thinking about what suddenly flashed in your mind, you try to figure things out. Who was that person you saw... and why were they—

You get flustered again, is this just some sort of fantasy you had? You were so preoccupied with all this that you didn't the three angels coming in from behind.

Uriel, Rafaela and Gabriella looked at you in anticipation. Uriel took the first step closer as she drew first position.

"Umm... Are you sure this is a good idea?" Rafaela worriedly fidgets. Gabriella who was besides her ignored this as she gives Uriel the go signal. "What if we were wrong and he-"

"Then we shall mourn our loss accordingly..." Uriel cut her off, drawing her sword and approached you.

•••

     "After all the shit you went through to get him locked in, you're gonna go free him?" Mammon yelled as he followed Lucifer and Justice.

      "Don't question my judgement." Lucifer growled.

      Mammon rolled his eyes as he stared at the looming castle that they were heading towards. The area around was long abandoned as they had moved to a more urban area of hell, this old castle had pretty much became nothing more than a tourist sight to see how hell was with the old ruler.

       "Wow this place brings back some crappy memories." Mammon commented.

Inside the old castle, a rusted old throne laid in the middle of the room. The entire place was ransacked by a millennia's worth of pest infestation. Ignoring this, the demons went past the throne and into a once was golden chest, it was locked tight that even the strongest beings would not be able to open it by force. Lucifer kneeled down and placed her hands above the lock, a red glow emitted from inside. This light reflected into her eyes as thousand whispering chanting echoed through the room. All eventually stopped when the chest blew open.

A mist of dark red smoke puffed out in an upward spiral. A demon's silhouette slowly appears inside the mist, it moves in way that shows they were stretching their arms up. A loud moan and a few bone cracks before the smoke burst away, revealing the former king with a sly smile.

      "So this is the former King of Hell?" Justice said with a nervous smirk when she felt the overwhelming demon aura.

       "Oh it issss good to be back!" They slither, though his arms were present their lower limbs seemed to have been replaced by long snake tail. He meets eye with Lucifer who wasn't really that enthusiastic with seeing him again. "Lucsssy! Couldn't handle hell withoutsss me? Haha figured as much."

       "Janus. Make no mistake, I have been managing hell quite exceptionally. And I would rather not have had you return so soon... But, the situation is dire."

         "Oh. The angels stole your mortal boyfriend?" Janus chuckled. "Couldn't handle getting dumped or something? Ah I didn't think you'd be quite the yan—"

         Before the snake could finish his sentence he was pulled by the collar and was now staring directly into the furious eyes of the CEO.

       "I don't want your petty taunts, Snake. The King of Hell's power is unmatched as it's fueled with the essence of millions of years of sin. And unfortunately that right was banished to the abyss with you!"