The coldest night of the century

It was the coldest night in a century, an extremely quiet one, as the falling snow had wrapped the Forest into a soundproof veil. It was becoming so icy that the air pieces were changing into frost roses, while time was passing and passing. The falling snowflakes were sticking to Jimin's fur freezing to the edges of his ears and tail. Being a snow fox for so long, he had forgotten all human instincts, so he has stopped to know how to count time.

Abandoned by a friend or an owner a hybrid could only live 48 hours, and 40 hours had passed for sure when he had been running along the big lake. He was the last of his kind, but no one would care a bit, the false king hated hybrids so deeply, a species less, was a win for the dark side.

I will die here, in this ever white of the clearing, he thought rolling into himself covering his body with the fluffy tail, waiting for the ice to become emptiness.

The snow squealed, a rough sound of heavy boots stomping broke the perfect static. The fox lifted his head noticing a figure dressed in a black armory to a purple cloak, a sword with the fallen king's emblem was firmly tugged behind the stranger's back. The man, tall and board, with an unmistakable presence of a true warrior was approaching until he knelt in the snow stretching his hand out towards the fox.

"Don't be afraid little friend," he said causing a heatwave of new life filling the hybrid's cells.

The fox hasn't been human since his beloved mother had died. She has given him the name Jimin, a special name. The year Jimin was born a demon in a human body, the most powerful and darkest of all forces residing in the past had killed king Jeon and his wife claiming their throne.

The new ruler was at war with all neighboring countries, bringing endless peril and starvation over his people, made hybrids slaves with no worth at all. The legend, that had foreseen those oppressive times was saying - one day the righteous king will appear to reclaim the throne and it can only happen when the sky will start to rain with crystal snow. Enchanted by the legend his mother gave him the name Jimin, what in the language of shamans and magicians could be translated into Crystal Snow.

It didn't bring him luck though, abandon by his only friend he was no here in the icy night in front of a warrior of Namjoon's army.

"Come here, you must be frozen," the man stretched a hand out his way, a pair of surprisingly beautiful eyes rested on him and Jimin was just sitting there stunned watching the stranger's almost boyish face, long dark hair curling a bit, a small mole underneath nicely shaped lips. Jimin has never expected a warrior to have such traits and a charming face like that.

"Come into the backpack, I will let you out in the morning. It will be coldest night this century," the man opened his bag when Jimin hesitated.

Was it smart to trust a total stranger, but staying here meant certain death.

He jumped over the snow, his tiny paws leaving traces when he hid in the bag the warrior closed delicately to give him enough space to stick his nose out to observe their way.

The whole world spun when he was lifted and swiftly placed on the stranger's back then carried though the endless winter towards the camp the army has put up on the other side of the lake.

Much <3