5.

"But I can't now," said Jungkook as if speaking to himself, closing the backpack, leaving a gap big enough for Jimin to breath freely

Jimin was sitting in the darkness inside the backpack listening to Jungkook packaging quickly while sometimes sniffing and Jimin was wishing to hug him so badly, but shifting in here would probably be the worst idea ever.

It became quiet, then the backpack was suddenly lifted and Jimin was trying to dig his paws into the leather to stick onto something, he landed on Jungkook's back, slowly feeling Jungkook's lovely body warmth from one side.

Jimin closed his eyes cuddling to Jungkook's back through the leather backpack hoping they will stay safe even in Namjoon's castle.

If the world will end anyway does it matter, thought Jungkook feeling the shade of the huge city wall covering the inside of the cabin with darkness. Namjoon had send a Flyer, and automatic vehicle for them so they were here now. Just eleven men in front of the devastated capital and one tiny fox hidden in his backpack.

"One day it will rain with crystal snow and on that day you will claim your throne back," Jin's calm face returned from his memory.

The shaman loved to say nonsense things like that while sitting around the fire in his tent.

"We're as good as dead and the sky has never shitted with diamonds, why should it now," Jungkook remembered yelling at Jin before leaving into the night to take a stick and hit a tree until the stick had broken into pieces.

Shaman Jin was probably the only delusional one left believing in a better world, that's why he liked general Hoseok, as Hoseok had no fake hope into survival left.

"You will see the capital for the first time boy, right?" Fang, the half-man half-tiger who has been captain of the right army wing turned yellow orbs at him.

Jungkook shrugged. I have been born here, have had the capital as my own, he thought bitterly.

"Let the boy enjoy life," Hoseok winked to Fang.

"It's good to be young," Fang was watching him so Jungkook focused his gaze on his gloves.

The Flyer landed with a sharp bang cutting his bitter thoughts. General Hoseok was the first to jump up.

"Soldiers, let's keep going and make our ruler proud, it has been a honor for you to be chosen to even be here. There will be challenges you might not expect, so remember an excellent warrior is always ready to defend what he believes in," Hoseok's tone changed to super serious.

Jungkook grabbed the backpack and his sword.

"Where do you have this sword from?" Had asked Hoseok the day he had joined the army.

"Got that pice of rusty metal from the old man who was raising me," answered Jungkook and Hoseok had bought this lie.

Jungkook's thoughts were distracted again, though, when he left the Flyer onto a platform with a view over the city. There were gray and black ruins everywhere he could reach with his gaze, the palace walls perfectly mirroring the rainy winter light, but if you were looking into them for longer you could see monstrous faces and scenes of death playing out on them.

"Stay in formatin!" General Hoseok started to walk swiftly between guards with hollow like eyes and an aura of cold that could dissolve all pieces of light inside anyone.

Jimin moved in the backpack nervously definitely feeling it.

Stay calm, begged Jungkook stomping forward, ignoring the pain the ruins around were causing.

His mother's gardens burned into ashes, just black thick dorns growing out of the dried ground. The fountain he had used to play in holding a statue of Namjoon spitting out strange mud.

The main palace gate opened and a heavy wind hit them taking away their breaths knocking two soldiers off their feet.

"Stay in formation!" Hoseok was shouting to be louder than the howling storm.

Jungkook took his backpack off placing it to his chest hugging the little fox inside. Was it some craziness, why was he even carrying Jimin all the way here then protecting him?

The wind was so strong it was extremely hard to take steps or even stay on your feet, breathing became almost impossible, but Jungkook covered his face with the cloak then moved forward feeing Jimin's tiny body trembling while pressing to his chest.

It was a struggle so hard all Jungkook's muscles were sore by now, but he kept walking feeling a hand grabbing his back, it has been captain Fang trying to get through this madness by following him.

Jungkook took two more steps for the wind to suddenly stop, it became extremely quiet, his body was still trembling, but he was keeping Jimin in his embrace. The grip of Fang loosened, the screams of the other soldiers fighting through the storm were hitting his ears. Jungkook knelt on the ground inhaling sharply watching his companions making their way through behind General Hoseok.

"Kookie, we thought it's impossible to go though," Ahan, a soldier not much older than him was panting madly.

"Return to formation, we will present each other to the ruler proudly," said Hoseok so Jungkook got up taking his place at the back of the formation, putting the backpack behind, double checking the straps.

Was he insane to take Jimin in here, to the palace occupied by the most dangerous dark force in the universe? Definitely, but there was nothing that could give him more strength and light than watching Jimin's adorable fox being, maybe a part of him was still hoping for Jimin to shift into a human again and make love.

What would Jungkook do to have those lips on him, that body in his, that moaning mess of perfection, but his thoughts were cut by them entering the long throne hall. Jungkook's heart began to beat rapidly as it has been the place where he had seen his parents for the very last time.

There was Namjoon sitting on the throne with eyes all grey, skin and hair glowing and ribbons of darkness circling in the air around him.

Thank you for your support. How did you like the chapter? What do you think about Jikook traveling to the palace? What will Jungkook do seeing the demon king?

Much <3