8.

"Soldiers the enemies for today are monsters used in king Yoongi's army, you only have a stick to defend yourself, let's see if you're brave enough to face Darons," Hoseok's voice was stone cold when huge shapes appeared out of thin air, they look...

"Soldiers the enemies for today are monsters used in king Yoongi's army, you only have a stick to defend yourself, let's see if you're brave enough to face Darons," Hoseok's voice was stone cold when huge shapes appeared out of thin air, they looked like reptiles with seven claws on each side, extremely swift moves and scales like skin so think it was rumored to break the finest weapons. "I want three of you to lead the first attack, starting with captain Fang, Yaaso Ga, and captain Cusius," shouted Hoseok, so the three named ran out to fight.

Jungkook was standing still watching the highest ranked  officers struggling against the coming forces, the stick of Yasso Ga cracked in half when he was trying to put it into the Daron's eyes. Something seemed off though, as there was definitely some inhuman power in the three creatures which were now tearing on captain Cucius slamming his body against the floor. Fang suddenly roared, his yellow eyes glowing up, his whole body shifting into the tiger form. He jumped forward digging his claws into the nearest Daron, yet no blood came out.

"They aren't Darons, they're level 9 demons in disguise," whispered Jungkook watching one of his favorite captains falling to the ground howling like a wounded animal.

Jungkook's blood boiled, so he suddenly jumped forward raising the stick hitting the demon that changed form becoming an extra large mount of darkness and dust howling so strongly the other soldiers covered their ears, but that sound couldn't frighten Jungkook, it was just driving him nuts, as he has heard it years ago waking him up from a sleep, destroying everything he loved, killing everyone he loved.

"You won't harm my captain, first you have to step over me," hissed Jungkook hitting the black dripping force and the stick didn't slip through it like it should, no it stopped causing strange brown blood to spill out of the surface of that thing.

There was a rumor behind him, the two other demons turning his way, but Jungkook never stopped swinging the stick to place precise hits aimed at the most painful places, moving it into the core of that almost formless thing, until it gave out a shrill cry dripping down into just a pile of dirt.

"They're vulnerable! You can hurt them!" Yelled a soldier from the back, the rest of them jumped forward to attack while Jungkook was finishing off the second demon.

Captain Fang suddenly roared running into the last one, closing his snout around the strange head, tearing on it for so long until it fell off. The  other part of the demon's body dissolved into dirt.

A silence fell, Jungkook was panting madly looking over the dead bodies of Yaaso Ga and captain Cucius, feeling even more glowing hate towards Namjoon.

General Hoseok clapped, not enthusiastically, rather dryly, so Jungkook turned his way avoiding Namjoon's gaze.

The last demon's head was still alive, still spitting out darkness while lying there. What will a clever ruler like Namjoon think, that some boy out of nowhere can sly creatures like him, when it's known that humans and hybrids can't even hurt them.

"Do you boy possess powers?" Namjoon's question lifted all hair on Jungkook's body.

He was quiet glancing at Hoseok only considering his answer.

"The shaman that has been like a father to me has told me that I have powers,  but I never believed it, don't even really understand what they are," muttered Jungkook.

Namjoon was considering something looking from him to Hoseok, then back on the battleground.

"Good so, the ones of you who had survived can come to my party toni..."

His words were disturbed by his faceless bodyguards coming inside dragging someone in.

"We have found an intruder in the palace," said one when Jungkook froze seeing Jimin, who was wearing his clothes, a black hat to cover the ears and some oversized sweater to hide the tail, his face puffy and cried out.

Jungkook's heart began to race uncontrollably. Did Jimin want to run? Stupid little fox.

"Who is he, some spy?" Namjoon narrowed his eyes.

"No, he... he's my best friend!" Shouted Jungkook receiving everyone's attention. "Mochi, I'm surprised you really came to see me the moment you've heard I came to the capital," Jungkook ran upstairs ignoring the stares reaching Jimin, closing him in a tight hug although he wished to tell him off so badly. Stupid, stupid Jimin.

"If he's the friend of my bravest young soldier, so let him go. Mr. Mochi, you're invited to my party tonight and General Hoseok, you will especially enjoy the evening as we will do a hybrid hunt."

Thank you for your support

Thank you for your support. I hope you're enjoying the story so far. What do you think about Jungkook's fight and Namjoon becoming suspicious? What about Jimin's misshapen escape? What will happen now?
Much <3