Chapter 10

When I wake up the next morning, Landon is sleeping with his head on my chest and his arms wrapped completely around me and one of his legs are also tangled with mine. I have a splitting headache and I can feel my heartbeat in the side of my face, where my cheek is probably swollen and blue as hell. Lan. I whisper softly while running my hand through his hair. Its time to wake up. I continue as he snuggles closer to me only tightening his arms. Landon. I say I bit louder now softly tugging on the ends of his hair. I feel him sigh before he rolls off me allowing me to stand up. I head to the bathroom and I cringe at my reflection. My check is swollen to probably twice its normal size making my eyes look disproportionate. The blue bruising clearly shows where that womans gigantic fucking hand connected with my face, her watch also busted my bottom lips which is now swollen with a small cut on the inside, which stung as I ran my tongue over it. I sigh softly splashing cold water on my face before brushing my teeth and hopping into the shower. It's about 15 minutes past 5 so its still early. When I am done with my shower I wrap a towel around my body before going to Landons closet to find something to wear. I find a pair of light blue skinny jeans, which I decide to pair with one of Landons t shirts, a maroon V-neck which I tie around my stomach so the shirt ends where my jeans begin. I pull on my white converse before running my brush through my hair since I didnt wash it when I showered. Morning, I hear Landon sleepy voice from behind me. I mentally prepare myself for the reaction I am sure he is going to have when he sees my face while I just say morning in turn without turning around. I just continue to brush my hair even though all the tangles are long gone. How was last night? He asks sitting up in bed I can feel his eyes on my back but I still dont turn to face him. It went well, Maurice got Spade, and Mark got a new fighter I havent seen yet, but Mark swears he is good. I answer him. Ill go make you some coffee while you take a shower. I say as I make my way out of the room without waiting for him to reply. When I enter the kitchen the coffee mug Mama J was holding drops from her hands and shatters on the floor, the same time Papa J spits out the sip of coffee he just took and yells What the fuck happened to your face?! Who the fuck did this!? Where are the people who are supposed to look after you at that fucking place?! While I just freeze, I hear Landons thumping footsteps down the stairs before I hear his voice behind me Whats going on?! He asks from behind me as I stare at the shocked face of his mother with the shattered mug and spilled coffee still on the floor by her feet, and the furious expression in his dads face. Look at her face, for gods sakes! Raylan what the hell happened? Papa J asks me with a murderous look on his face, and while I know he isnt mad at me I can feel tears welling up in my eyes as Landon places a hand on my shoulder and slowly spins turns me around to face him. I look down at the ground while closing my eyes when I feel him taking my chin between his hands and lifting my face. I can hear his sharp intake of breath as he stares at the ugly bruise covering half of my face, before asking in a low voice What the fuck happened to your face? When I just shut my eyes even more he practically screams Dammit Raylan answer me! You said Matt was going to stay with you the entire night? Where the hell was everyone when this happened? Who did this? I feel a tear slip past my tightly shut eyes before I feel a hand on my shoulder and hear Mama Js voice Guys calm down. We dont know what happened and screaming at the poor girl isnt going to change a thing. Mouse did you put ice on your face? She asks gently I still havent opened my eyes so I just nod. I open my eyes when she pulls me into her embrace where I let a few more tears slip, over her shoulder I look into Landons furious gaze, but in his eyes I can see the overwhelming worry he is trying to contain. When Mama J pulls away she moves me to a seat at the island counter before giving me a glass of water. Honey, what happened? She asks placing a comforting hand on my arm as she stands next to me. I focus on her even though I can feel both mens eyes on each side of my head as I explain to her what happened. When Im done Papa J pulls me into a hug, placing a soft kiss on the top of my head before speaking in a soft voice. Im sorry for yelling. I just hate seeing you hurt. He says while pulling away and placing a kiss on my forehead. Are you okay? I hear Mama Js concerned voice and I turn to face her nodding me head. Im sorry for swearing at you baby girl. I just send Papa J a small smile, I knew they were going to react like this, I just wasnt expecting them to still be home. I turn to Landon but he was just staring at my cheek with a weird expression on his face which made me sigh softly. Lan, go finish getting ready before you guys are late. Mama J says as she bends down to start cleaning the mess she made when she dropped her mug. Did Mark and Maurice take care of that woman? Papa J asks as he helps Mama with the broken pieces of the mug. Yes, Maury did cause Mark wasnt there yet, I dont know what he did but he assured Mark that he took care of things, which seemed to calm Mark down. I answered in a small voice. They just shared a look before Mama looked over to Papa J Why dont you get Ray a yogurt and an apple so she can eat something while she waits for Lan Then she turned towards me Ill give you some advill for the pain Mouse, after youve eaten.