Chapter 40

It's been 5 months since I was released from the hospital. My back is all healed up and I've put Noah completely in my past, senior prom was a lot of fun as Charlie was my date. Leslie and Ella decided it's best to be just friends but Brandon and Jo where still as confusing as ever. They started fighting more but Jo also told me they've hooked up a few times so I have no idea what's going on with them. Jake and I have been together for 7 months and we were as happy as can be. I showed him my back for the first time a month after I got out of the hospital and he kind of broke down for the first time about everything that day, but we got through it. We were fighting more and more about New York since the senior year was rushing to an end with graduation approaching in next week, I was still adamant on staying here with him but he wanted nothing of it after our amazing spring break trip to New York he started pushing the subject more and more. Keith and everybody else steered clear of that conversation after Jake and I had a massive fight one day and most of the group walked in on us. Things at The Ring still ran like clockwork and I even had a few fights after my doctor cleared me but nothing crazy since Mark and Jake nearly had heart attacks when I brought it up. Mark was also staying out of the New York discussion, he told me to do whatever would make me happy and that'd he'd support me either way. Andrew and Jodi started dating which surprised most of us but they were actually really cute together he calmed her down a bit while she livened him up. Keith started dating Hannah and they were adorable but it didn't work out since she was going to a university in Europe but they ended on good terms, I don't think anyone could actually maintain conflict with Keith he was just too nice. Ella and Jo were still set to go to Washington and New York, while Chenise would go to a university a few hours away and Terra was staying here going to the local uni. Charlie still hasn't decided what he wants to do and Keith was taking a gap year, Brandon was seriously focussing on his fighting career and with Mark and Maury's help he was quickly making a name for himself. Leslie and Max where still working and they had their next job starting when summer ends, but we're not allowed to know where they're going. Jenny was about 6 months pregnant with little Daniella and she and Jerry were extremely excited they already did the nursery and the waiting was driving all of us crazy. I was getting dressed for school a bit earlier than usual since I had to meet Jo for breakfast like we do most Friday's. I pulled on a light pink soft floral sundress with three quarter sleeves which reached just above my knees then slipped my feet into a pair of white sandals leaving my hair down my back, it was hanging a few inches down my thighs again but I haven't made time to cut it yet. I quickly went down stairs grabbing my phone on the way. "You're up early." Mark states as I stumble into the kitchen. "Breakfast with Jo, I got to go I'm already late." I place a kiss on his cheek before grabbing my keys and my bookbag. "Love you!" Mark yelled. "Love you too!" I yelled back as I slammed the front door behind me and pressing the button to open the garage and getting into Lucy.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I state as I flop down on the chair in front of Jo who was laughing softly. "You're always late." She states pushing the hot chocolate and a glazed donut towards me as I scowled mockingly at her. "Whatever, I was on the phone late with Jake last night." I state softly. "You guys still fighting?" I nod slowly. "He doesn't want to let up, and Mark indirectly made it worse when he showed Jake a few home movies and one of them was of me when I was like 12 talking about how my dream was to go to New York for university." "Ray, he's still going to be here if you go, and it's not like you guys won't be able to visit." "I know, Jo. I just, I don't want to leave him for four years when I don't have to. I can get my degree here as well." "It's your choice Ray, and I'm rooting for you and Jake to make it in the long run, but I don't want you regretting not following what sounds like a life long dream. Have you even told him you've been accepted into NYU?" "I know, but he is here and so is Mark. I don't know if I want to leave, and no, I haven't the letter is in my underwear drawer." "He's bound to find out Ray." "Yeah but by then it'll be to late." She nods her head sighing softly as we finish our breakfast before getting up and making our way outside. "I'll see you at school okay?" I nod as I turn to Lucy before getting in and pulling out of the parking lot. "Man I'm ready for this year to end." Terra states as Jo and I walk up to the rest of them. "One more week then we're free." Charlie states wrapping an arm around my shoulder as I grin. "Yeah, then summer time!" Brandon exclaims. We where all planning on going to the beach house for the first week of summer vacation, even Jake, Xavier and Ryan took off work but Lucas and Cedric couldn't make it but they were joining us over the weekend along with Andrew and Jodi. I Haven't been back there since the medic's found me so I'm not sure how to feel about it yet, but everyone was super excited. When the warning bell rang we all made our way inside to start the day "Any special plans this weekend?" Leslie asks as we stop at our lockers. "No I think Jake and I are hanging at home." "You guys okay?" "At the moment yeah, but I think a quiet weekend together might be good, Brandon and Charlie are going camping with Keith's family." I state as we make our way to our first class where Leslie walks off as Max and I sit down on our normal seats. "You doing okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine." I give him a smile as the teachers starts the lesson.