Chapter 10

Annaya's POV:

I stormed into my room. I was packing a few of my clothes because I needed a break from all of this werewolf drama. Like I am just here to meet my best friend... it's so annoying. I mean no shade to his fam but they are so bloody f*cking irritating. I drifted out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said with tiredness entangled with my voice. Marco entered the room.

"Are you okay bruh?" He asked.

"Well, I mean don't they understand I am not a threat and I am your best friend... they are going to have to deal with me," I said sternly.

"I know what you mean bruh but you're a human. I don't think my family has ever come across a human as strong as an alpha. They probably feel attacked and think you are an unholy purity in the community. But come on I am still your best friend so that's good!" He said with enthusiasm.

"I mean yeah you seem like the only person who actually doesn't mind my existence. I mean there is Harmony, Melody, Alex, and Rosalinda but other than that I definitely feel soooo accepted!" I said with sarcasm.

" Bruh just asking... Where the f*ck are you going. Why are you packing your bag?! If you think you can leave I ain't allowing it!" He said with a pout on his face.

"First of all just because your my bestie and you asked me to NOT leave then I won't ... Second of all, quit pouting is annoying and ugly," I said with disgust.

"Yeah yeah. Oh, by the way, are you actually going to take Xave's position. I thought you weren't serious about that."

" I am going to take his position. After the way he treated me, I think I need to give him a piece of my mind. Plus I need witnesses in the court to speak of my win of the challenge. I was thinking I was going to ask you and Harmony since well you guys seem to be the only people on my side." I said.

" Don't worry I got your back! Of course, I will speak for you. Even if he is my cousin, your my best friend so the answer seems as clear as day to me." He said nicely. This is why I always loved Marco. He is by my side whenever I need him. I was brought back to reality when I heard Marco groan.

" Bruh you okay," I said with concern laced with my voice. He was rubbing his right arm.

"No, I think it's the mate bond. I haven't marked Sarah yet but the mate bond will work nonetheless because I am an Alpha and a strong position means a stronger mate bond. If she was being attacked I would sense it to be much more painful but I think this is another male werewolf holding her on the arm." He said with anger. His eyes were flicking to a more electric blue as his wolf Zeke was trying to take control.

"Bruh go handle the situation. Anyway, I have to prepare for tomorrow's trial at the werewolf committee. I am thinking I might even hit the punching bags before bed to take the irritation away." I said.

" Sure, thanks. Sarah is so infuriating sometimes but I love her..." He mumbled to himself.

Marco's POV:

I swear to god if Sarah is flirting with another man I am going to kill all the men in my pack. Okay, maybe that's too much...

"How is that too much. I don't want any men near my mate." Zeke said with anger.

"Same here Zeke but we can't kill all the men. We won't have a pack left!" I tell him.

"True but when I find the man I am gonna kill him." He threatened.