"I'd do anything to protect you." Mycroft Holmes x Watson! Fem!Reader

Y/n Watson, John Watson's younger sister, was on her way back to Baker street after being in Peru for over 3 years. She was there for her studies in human rights. Currently, she was walking out the airport. Y/n was wearing a pair of ripped jeans and some fishnet tights underneath them. Her top was a band tshirt and a black and white flannel to finish it off. Y/n was currently waiting outside the airport, trying to get a hold of a taxi, but it was fairly busy today. When Y/n spotted an empty taxi, she took her luggage and walked over to the cab. Y/n placed her luggage in the trunk and sat down in the backseat of the taxi. "Where to, miss?" The driver asked. "To Baker Street, please." Y/n smiled. The taxi took off and Y/n looked down at her phone. She was planning on surprising her brother. Last time she was here was at Mary's funeral, two years ago. She had stayed for a couple of months to help with John's grief and to help him take care of Rosie.

She had a hard time when she had to leave again, because she hated to leave John in that state. But John convinced her to finish her studies and go back to Peru. Y/n and John held contact, during her last year. She was lost in her train of thoughts, that she didn't notice that the taxi had stopped. "Miss, we are here." The driver informed and looked at Y/n. "Here you go. Thank you." Y/n smiled and stepped out of the taxi and went to grab her luggage. Y/n stood outside of 221b Baker street and looked up the building. Y/n walked to the front door and the door flew open, before she could knock. "Y/n? Is that you?" The sweet voice of Mrs. Hudson asked. "Yeah. The one and only." Y/n replied as she walked in and put her luggage down, before walking over to give Mrs. Hudson a hug. "Look at you, finally being an adult." Mrs. Hudson sobbed. Y/n looked around, awkwardly patting Mrs. Hudson's back. "Come in. Let me make you some tea."

Mrs. Hudson turned around and skipped to her kitchen. Y/n laughed at Mrs. Hudson's enthusiasm and walked after her. They sat down and Y/n told all the stories about Peru. "Mrs Hudson? Where are you?" Y/n could hear the distant voice of Sherlock. "I am in the kitchen." Mrs. Hudson replied as Sherlock walked in the kitchen with John trailing behind him. "Hello, Y/n." Sherlock said, with a smirk on his face. "Hello, Sherlock. How have you been?" Y/n asked the detective, who ignored her question. "Never been better. Been busy this week with all the murders." Sherlock replied dryly. "What? How? When did you come back?" "She obviously just got here, John. Look at the state of her suitcases." Sherlock deducted. John walked over to Y/n and wrapped his arms around her. "I am so glad that you are back home." John said, sounding relieved. Sherlock came to stand next to Y/n, who was talking to her brother.

"I am so delighted that you are back. I have missed so much. Did you have a good time in Peru?" "I know who else missed you." Sherlock whispered in Y/n's ear. Y/n looked at Sherlock with a confused look on her face. "Huh?" "Rosie would be delighted to see you as well. She has grown so much since she last saw you." John smiled. "Oh, where is my baby cousin?" Y/n asked. "She is currently with her nanny upstairs." John replied. The trio walked up the stairs and into the living room of 221b. Y/n could see the glistening in John's eyes when he looked towards the nanny. "John stop staring." Sherlock said as he picked up the newspaper. "I wasn't staring." John denied. "You were a little." Y/n laughed. John glared at Sherlock and Y/n. "Uh, you can leave." John smiled towards the nanny, who smiled and gave Rosie to Y/n. "John, just makeout with her already." Sherlock teased while not looking up from his newspaper.

"Right, I remember. We have to go and inform Lestrade about our case." Sherlock said as he looked up from his newspaper and got up. "Oh, I will stay here and watch Rosie." Y/n suggested as the boys dashed out the room. "How have you been Rosie?" Y/n cooed. "You must have missed your favourite auntie." Rosie laughed at Y/n, who started to make silly faces. Y/n stood up and started to rock Rosie to sleep.

"You are going to do great stuff when you are older. You look so much like your mother." Y/n smiled as she walked around the apartment. Y/n then slowly started to sing while walking and rocking Rosie to sleep. "Rock-a-bye baby On the treetop, When the wind blows.The cradle will rock, When the bough breaks. The cradle will fall, And down will come baby. Cradle and all, Rock-a-bye baby. On the treetop, When the wind blows. The cradle will rock, When the bough breaks. The cradle will fall, And down will come baby, Cradle and all." Y/n slowly sang as she sat down, only now noticing that someone stood in the doorway. "Mycroft!" She straightened, Rosie still in her arms. "Hey-" she added, noticing how excited she had gotten over seeing him. "Hey, Y/n." The man in question replied smoothly, not missing a beat. A comfortable silence passed. "It's been a while.." Y/n said, lamely. She never had been the one who handles silences well.. or handsome men.

Not that she'd ever say that out loud. "It certainly has." She nodded along, more as not to appear as nervous as she felt. "Well, it seems that you brought along the good mood." He drew. "You have this..thing about you.." "Thing..?" Y/n echoed breathlessly. "Hmm.." He hummed. "Almost...homelike.. a sense of accepting and calm unlike anything i've ever come across." Well that was intense, Y/n thought. Blood rushing to her head as she felt herself becoming red. Had he always been this smooth? She looked away, unsure of how to reply. How could one reply to something like that...but after a while she did. And she wished she hadn't "Thanks.. i guess." It sounded awkward even in her own ears.Stupid! Stupid! She looked down at the baby in her lap. Hoping to distract the awkward attention by not giving attention to the situation."How was Peru?" Mycroft asked, while stepping into the room.

"Good, good. I quite enjoyed the country and the lifestyle." She didn't dare look his way. He came to sit on a chair, right next to her. "She missed you." Mycroft said, after clearing his throat. Y/n smiled softly, staring at the little figures in her arms. "I missed her too." She felt a little sting in her eyes, but blinked it away quickly. She had been feeling guilty after returning back to Peru after Mary had died. She had talked to John about it, but he didn't want to hear any of it. Saying something about her having to live her life to the fullest. But she couldn't shake off this guilt. "You did good." Mycroft said, a slight frown on his face. "Going back to Peru." He added, after seeing Y/n's confused look. "How did u-" Mycroft scoffed, smiling slightly as he spoke. "I read people as a living, I deal with people constantly. And while I haven't always been able to read you as clearly as others, I know you're feeling guilty about leaving John. And you shouldn't. He had Sherlock and you kept in contact. Don't do this to yourself, you don't deserve that."

He looked her right in the eyes as he spoke. "I know.. but it's not that easy." She fiddled in her chair, Rosie still in her arms. And then he did something that surprised her. He reached for Rosie, she let him. He straightened back up, Rosie in his arms. He looked at her for a few seconds, while smiling. Just as quick as he picked her up, he laid her back down in her crib. He turned around, his eyes wandering over her. "I mean.." Y/n added, "I talked to him about it.. but i felt like i- i feel like i've abandoned him when he needed me the most and- and i didnt mean- he said that i shouldn't worry about him.. but i can't. He's still my brother you know? And he just lost his wife! And i left him, i can't help but feel like i left him when he needed me the most- and-" Somewhere in her rant, Mycroft had moved in front of her on his knees. He held her hands in his. "Stop this-" he interrupted her, a heavy frown on his face.

"-none of that is true. You didn't abandon him! You did what you had to do and he knows that. He was fine- he's better now that you are here but you didn't abandon him." Mycroft said. Y/n felt tears welling up in her eyes and didn't notice that one slipped away. Mycroft, who seemed to have noticed that, raised his hand and wiped away the tear. "I didn't know that you were a softie" Y/n smiled. "You are the one that made me soft." Mycroft whispered. "Why are you being nice to me?" Y/n whispered. "Because I care for you. I want to protect you." Mycroft looked at Y/n's eyes. He hesitated for a moment before he continued. "It's because I love you." Mycroft admitted. Y/n got up from the couch and went to look at Rosie, who was still asleep. "I do have to admit. You have a special place in my heart and when I was in Peru, I thought about my feelings. I love you too, Mycroft." Y/n whispered as she walked closer to Mycroft. The tension between them thickened and Y/n closed the gap between them and wrapped her arms around Mycroft's neck. Mycroft placed his hands around her waist. They stood there for quite some time, just looking each other in the eyes. "Do you want to know why I can't stop telling you how much I love you?" Mycroft whispered. "I love everything about you. I love your eyes. I love the way you put everyone else before you. But you do have to make sure that there is someone for you." Mycroft said.

Y/n looked up at Mycroft. "I will always be here for you, when you need a shoulder to cry on or when you need someone to rant to. You have to know that I will always make time for you. You are too special for me. I love you Y/n Watson." Mycroft claimed. Mycroft pulled Y/n closer to him and placed a hand under her chin. "I love you too, Mycroft Holmes." Y/n smiled as she placed her lips on Mycroft's. They stood there for a while, because they didn't notice Mrs. Hudson walking in. Y/n pulled away from Mycroft and turned her head to see the wild face of Mrs. Hudson. Mycroft looked at Mrs. Hudson and smiled. "You better not hurt her, you reptile." Mrs. Hudson hissed. She walked away and Y/n laughed at Mycroft's red face.