"You are safe with me, I'll protect you." Neville Longbottom x Fem!Reader

Y/n L/n, a popular Gryffindor, who was in her fifth year at Hogwarts. How she became popular remains a mystery towards her, but everyone in the Gryffindor house adored her. Neville Longbottom, probably most of them all. Neville had his eyes on Y/n for quite some time now, but he never knew how to make a move or how Y/n would react to him trying. Y/n had a little secret crush on Neville as well, but she too was scared to tell him, because she doesn't want her friends to make fun of it. Y/n was making her way down the corridor, when she noticed two Slytherin boys in front of Neville. "Oi. What's going on?" Y/n asked as she walked up to them. "I think you're weird." The shorter one said.

"I think you're boring." Y/n replied as she looked at him. "Whatever is going on here between Longbottom and us, is none of your business." The taller boy said. "None of my business? You happen to pick on one of my friends. Touch him and I'll kill you. Now move." Y/n threatened as she placed herself between Neville and the boys. "Thank you." Neville said as Y/n turned to look at him. "You are welcome. What happened?" Y/n asked. "I was just on my way to talk to you, when they stopped me and started to call me names." Neville said as he looked down at the floor. "What did they call you?" Y/n asked as she raised an eyebrow. "It doesn't matter." Neville weakly smiled at her. "It does, Neville." "They called me dumb and called me a loser."

Neville replied after a moment of silence. "They thought they could get away with this? Not on my watch." Y/n said as she walked after the boys. Harry and Ron walked up to Neville, who explained it to them and followed Y/n. "How dare you call Neville a loser and dumb?" Y/n yelled as she pointed her wand at the boys. "Why do you care?" One of them asked. "Why do i care? Because he is a friend and no one in this school bullies a friend of mine." "Oi, L/n, what's going on?" Draco Malfoy asked as he walked up to them. "Teaching your pets a lesson." Y/n replied.

"For what? Because you care about Longbottom? Or is it because you have feelings-." Draco was met with Y/n's fist and Y/n walked away from the group, leaving Harry, Ron and Neville confused. Neville quickly went after her and found her in the courtyard. "Hey." Neville said as he sat down next to Y/n. "Hi." Y/n said as she wiped away her tears. "That was, uhm, really sweet of you for standing up for me." Neville smiled. "You are welcome. I'm sorry." Y/n said as she looked at Neville. "For what? For punching Malfoy in the face? You don't have to apologize, It was awesome." Neville smiled as he wrapped his arms around her. "No, for not telling you about my feelings for you." Y/n said. "You have feelings for me?"

Neville asked as he looked a little shocked. "Yes. But I was scared to tell you, because I didn't know how you would react, and I was scared that my friends might find out and make fun of me for it." Y/n explained. "But I don't care what my friends think. I love you." Y/n smiled as she looked the boy in his eyes. "I love you, as well. I have for the longest time, I was just scared to tell you, because you are really popular and I am just Neville." Neville explained as there was a slight tremble in his voice. "Well, just Neville, I like you just the way you are." Y/n smiled as she leaned towards him and placed her lips on Neville's. Neville could feel himself smile in the kiss and felt his cheeks turning red.

After a moment, they pulled away from the kiss and smiled at each other. "You're safe with me, by the way, I'll protect you." Y/n said as she stood up and held out her hand. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Neville asked as he took her hand. "Of course, Neville, I would love to be." Y/n smiled as she placed her lips on his cheek. "Let's go to the common room." Y/n said as they started to walk towards the common room, where they found Harry, Ron and Hermione and a couple of Y/n's friends. "Y/n? Are you with Neville?" One of Y/n's friends asked. "Yes, and If you can't accept that, I don't want to be your friend anymore." Y/n said as she held Neville's hand tighter.

"No, I accept that. It's really cute." She smiled. "Yeah, you two are really cute together." Hermione smiled. "Y/n, It was really badass that you punched Draco in the face." Ron said as he looked at the girl, who sat down next to Neville. "You punched Draco?" Hermione asked. "Yeah, He deserved it." Y/n smiled as she looked at Neville. "You're so cute when you're half asleep like this." Neville said as they were still sitting in the common room, Y/n's head on Neville's shoulder. "I'm just tired." Y/n said as she looked Neville lazily in the eyes. "I'm so lucky to have you" He said as he looked down at Y/n. "Well good luck trying to get rid of me, because I am not going anywhere." Y/n replied as she smiled up at Neville. "Oh, believe me, I would never get rid of you, you mean too much to me." Neville said as he placed his lips on hers again.

"You're very warm, it's comforting." Y/n said as she pulled away from the kiss and cuddled closer to Neville. "I love you." Y/n smiled. Neville enjoyed the moment he found himself in right now, close to the fire, with the love of his life right there in his arms. "I love you too. I never thought love could be anything like this." Neville said as he looked down at Y/n and smiled. "Well. You better get used to it." Y/n smiled as she placed another kiss on his lips, before she fell asleep right there in his arms. Neville couldn't bring himself to waking her up, so he made himself slightly comfortable on the couch, before he closed his eyes and fell asleep, on the couch, with Y/n in his arms, securely and safe.