Chapter 31: Aftermath

.
.
.
.
.
______________________________

*Doorbell rings*

Mrs Muriel came over to the door and opened it. She then saw a man in his 40s, who looked to be wearing a suit.

"Mr Smith?" Rin asked.

"Yes that's me. May I.....?" Mr Smith confirmed.

"Yea sure, come on in." Rin said.

After Mr Smith was invited in and had a tea along with biscuits, Rin sat opposite to him and asked.

"So about Levi, where is he? It's been 3 days since I last saw him and the last words he spoken was to speak to you." Rin said.

"Yes I am aware of. Actually I came here only for his behalf." Mr Smith said, while keeping a serious face.

"So what's going on?" Rin asked with sweat rolling down.

Mr Smith couldn't bring himself to say this but anyway he encouraged himself.

"It's really difficult for me to say but, Levi's no more. His death was unavoidable." Mr Smith sweats.

Rin's eyes widen as she instantly stood up. Just as she was about to say something, some other thing caught their attention as the volume increases.

"A very good morning to all, I am Dave Malsear, bringing you the recent news from ABC Morning. The report said that somewhere in the Europe, a town named ishivalan had suddenly disappeared from the spot. Not in term of land but in term of peoples living in. My source said that the people from Ishivalan had disappeared, leaving no trace behind. It's so strange to see the report. Many people from all over the world demanded an answer, but they say that some myth is coming true. Something from a mythic tales is coming true but it's still unknown as according to many political leaders, the discovery of those mythic tales is unnecessary......... "

Mr Smith was immediately caught from his collar, removing his eyes from the TV and focused on Rin, who looked to have red eyes with a little bit of water.

"What the hell do you mean by that? Are you speaking out of your mind?" Rin said.

"I think it's better to just show you." Mr Smith said.

"W-what?" Rin stuttered.

"But before I go on...."

Mr Smith then proceeded to explained what supernatural presences are there in the world for a few minutes, to which Rin had trouble understanding it. Then, Mr Smith went over to the TV and removed the cable and used that wire to connect to his phone. As he clicked on something, a video suddenly appeared.

*BREAKING NEWS*

"We got a huge announcement to make! The Great Satan along with Rias's peerage has finally got rid of the legendary myth. As you can see, they also had brought the body along with them to show that they mean business. Meanwhile following the astonishing news, Rias Gremory, the princess of ruin was given a responsibility of The Supreme Court, due to her huge involvement in Levi's death. That's it for today, there will be a party for celebrating the death of a legendary myths, which is done by none other than Rias Gremory. Thank you for your attention."

Ron's eyes twitched as she stood up, shaking in her body and looked at Mr Smith.

"T-this is a joke right? There's no way Levi is dead. I k-know there's no way. I c-can feel h-him alive!" Rin stuttered.

"Mrs Muriel, I understand your frustration. Levi's death has taken us all by shock. But there's no denying that Levi is dead for sure. Devils has the evidence and it was already enough to assume." Mr Smith said with no expression.