Chapter 4

~Nagisa POV~

Around 10 at night our family made our way wherever dad needed us to be, never once did he actually tell us where that was. I was sitting in the front back seat of the car with my feel up on the seat and phone in hand and my earbuds plugged in. Ayato was in the seat behind me seated in the same position but on a computer. Touka was in the passenger seat of the car looking out the window. The very back seat was left empty as dad drove to the unknown location.

Dad has a minivan for when we have out-of-town assignments because none of us like to fly in a plane, but we do when we have assignments out of the country which are rare. Point is we have a lot of road trips and small cars suck for road trips.

While I'm scrolling through social media I feel Ayato hit the back of my head.

"HEY! WHAT THE FUCK!" I shout as I remove my headphones.

"Ayato I said get her attention not make her want to kill you," Dad states.

"She gets pissy on assignments where she has to attend school, please don't make it worse," Touka mutters.

"I can hear you," I respond.

"Lets hope Ayato does too," Touka states.

"Anyway, we are here," Dad adds. I look out the window to see the office.

"You couldn't just say we have a meeting?" I ask.

"Couldn't we wait until morning for a meeting," Ayato yawns.

"This meeting is a bit different and we can't have the entire office knowing about it," Dad explains.

"Still, you couldn't just tell us?" I mumble as I blow a bubble with my gum.

He mumbles something incoherently as we all get out of the car and walk to the meeting room. Late night meetings, how fun.

As we walk into the meeting room we are greeted with the 4 others who have a leadership assassin rank.

"Owl, Python, Rabbit, Black Rabbit," Mr. Yomo greets as he nods slightly.

"Damn so inportant we have to use codenames," I laugh with a bit of a snarky tone, "What is this all about?"

Yomo raises an eyebrow.

"School assignment," Dad, Touka, and Ayato respond in unison. Realization hits everyone like a bus.

"Do I really have that much of a reputation when it comes to school assignments?" I ask.

"Lets just say we are glad you don't have school full time," Mr. Koma responds.

"You ain't the only one," I mutter.

Everyone has a slight laugh before we all sit down and start the meeting.