Chapter 30

~Karma POV~

Nagisa shot at her ex at the same time he shot at her.

Fortunately, she hit him.

Unfortunately, he also hit her.

As soon as she falls I run to her side.

"Nagisa!" I shout. I hold my hand over the bullet wound in her stomach. I notice her family run over while someone else is calling an ambulance.

Nagisa was almost completely unresponsive and her pulse was weak. I could feel tears wanting to fall from my eyes.

"Don't worry Karma, shes a strong girl," Mr. Yoshimura states.

"I know sir," I mumble, voice cracking.

Eventually an ambulance comes and takes Nagisa and Ichiro.

Nagisas family let me ride with her in the ambulance and told me that they would meet us at the hospital.

They cut her shirt down the center to work and that revealed a bunch of other scars in different processes of healing. Some years old some just a few months. Those were joined with the currently bleeding bullet hole in the center of her stomach.

The heart monitor started beeping faster causing a paramedic to curse under her breath.

Nagisa opened her eyes slightly and turned to look at me, confusion evident on her face. She looks down towards her stomach and panics before looking back at me.

"Babe you need to calm down," I state, "You gotta stay strong."

Her breathing didn't slow down until a paramedic put a mask over her face that put her in a dazed kind of state. She looked like she could pass put any second as they rushed her into an operation room in the hospital.

I started pacing the waiting room that I was brought to, quickly followed by her family, our classmates, and our teachers, even bitch sensei who I honestly didn't want to be with right now even though she explained why she did it however I refrained from hurting her, my mind on Nagisa.

Eventually the class and teachers left leaving me, Nagisas family, and Kaneki and Hinani who came to comfort Touka and Ayato.

By the time a doctor came in I was on my 5th cup of coffee while everyone else was asleep. However they woke up when the doctor walked in.

"You can see her now," The doctor says.

I'm the first out off my seat and I quickly follow the doctor to Nagisas room.

She lays on a hospital bed in the middle of the room, very pale and still asleep. The heart and breathing monitor beeping at a quiet repetitive pace. She had one arm over her stomach and the other rest at her side. She looks so peaceful.

I sit down in the chair beside her bed and rest my head on the bed beside her, soon falling asleep as well.

=====

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Do you ever have the overwhelming desire to not exist?

Because same.

- Ember